The Student Room Group

What subjects do I choose?

Before I wanted to be a nurse but now I want to be a choreographer and I know that I need to pick dance and I’m wondering if there’s anything else I need to pick. So far I’m choosing dance.
Original post by KeiraBeira
Before I wanted to be a nurse but now I want to be a choreographer and I know that I need to pick dance and I’m wondering if there’s anything else I need to pick. So far I’m choosing dance.

The Sciences, English and Maths is compulsory, aside from that just choose whatever subjects you like and believe you'll do good at. However, keep in mind that further progression to some A Levels/IB subjects will require specific GCSEs. For example, if you plan or even think you want to do History during your sixth form years, then choosing GCSE History would be rational. The same goes for Geography, Economics, Music, Drama and Dance.
Dance GCSE would be helpful but most importantly you need to keep up dance class outside of school. Maybe P.E could be an option as it allows you to learn sports science etc. Are you planning on taking alevels or going on to Btec or a diploma?
Anything else just pick what you enjoy/are good at :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by dancesingact
Dance GCSE would be helpful but most importantly you need to keep up dance class outside of school. Maybe P.E could be an option as it allows you to learn sports science etc. Are you planning on taking alevels or going on to Btec or a diploma?

I’m not exactly sure because I’m not sure what A-Levels and BTec is. We haven’t learned loads of it at school.
Original post by KeiraBeira
I’m not exactly sure because I’m not sure what A-Levels and BTec is. We haven’t learned loads of it at school.

Alevels and BTECs are options for study after GCSE (for the two/three years after) A levels tend to be more exam based and BTECs tend to be more coursework based.

Quick Reply

Latest