The ignorance of the age of media and narratives

Watch
HexanMe
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
In the postmodern age, people are not getting smarter, instead more stupid, brainwashed & programmed & they exhibit curious behaviours:

- A belief that a person trying to break into China is immoral but a person trying to break into America is moral
- Belief if contradictory value systems simultaneously such as feminism & Islam
- The claim that that differences in outcomes between groups is down to oppression without evidence
- Unconditional support for refugees, even if their asylum claims are bogus.
- The study of subjects at university such as Feminism, Lesbian Dance or Gender Studies followed by an expectation to earn $150,000 immediately with a Wall Street job followed by a disillusionment & membership of the "Occupy" movement, to combat the "oppression" that this represents.
- Intolerance for traditionally Western artefacts & cultures such as Christianity while at the same time love of all non-Western religions which usually have the same premises as Christianity.

Most of these peculiar beliefs some from a delusion called 'postmodernism'. Postmodernism claims that reason, logic, structures & facts can be “suspended”, & furthermore that they are oppressive. This belief system has led to a lower IQ population & who are often lazy. They tend to worship money but being afraid of hard work, they tend to idolise easy money such as lottery winners, "Pop Idols" & gangsters (for example delinquent "rap" music). These people seem to be in a constant state of crisis, usually begging someone for money. Large parts of Britain have descended into benefits ghettos, gangland & areas where single-parent families constantly chase their Giro. Under postmodernism, it's logical that these people prefer "gangster rappers" over traditional people because they act as more unstructured, less repressive & less hieratical symbols as opposed to the evil traditional structures, & this is therefore very progressive. They are trying to attack any traditional ideas which pursue balance, stability, & aligning the layers of spirit & the self, because they are in favour of chaos.

Postmodernists tend to despise functional people or systems (but they will suffice as a cash cow). Money is evil, & worthless they claim, but they are always chasing it. They tend to invert almost everything into its mirror image. They tend to love being generous with other people's money such as taxpayer funds because of course it’s very easy to have moral principles that are fulfilled by other people. Their morality works as follows: People are judged on the degree to which they accept postmodern values. Those who disagree are evil & those who agree are considered moral beings.

These people tend to work through Pavlovian conditioning that has been applied to them over many decades through the education system, & media outlets such as the BBC. They want to bring thinking down to the level of robotised blind follow of certain patterns & completely remove individual thinking. They cannot think for themselves at all & see thinking as a dangerous activity that risks social ostracisation. They tend to lack introspection & therefore the ability to look at themselves, & when challenged only respond within terms that claim that any issues are with the other person. When facts are presented that disagree with their outlook, then they claim that the facts are the problem. They act in a childlike state and view the adults as the problem.

In terms of defence mechanisms, postmodernists don't respond with logical & reasoned debate, they respond instead with labels such as "ignorant", "bigot", & "anti-feminist". Following a "label", they typically close down discussion, for example by putting headphones in their ears. Non-believers & treated as "heretics", as was the case in former times with religions. Furthermore, the so called "liberal" of today is not a classical-liberal of the original definition who believes in freedom. He is largely a free-speech banning neo-fascist. The examples of liberal fascism are plentiful; first social media discriminating against conservatives, for example the case of Diamond & Silk, two black female Trump supporters removed from Facebook for their political opinions. Furthermore, James Damore was fired from Google for writing a well sourced paper claiming that group differences & not prejudice were the causes of varying gender distributions among programmers in the firm. A further neo-fascistic "liberal" tendency is to attempt to "erase" people they don't like by finding something they said deemed to be “wrong”. Hate is propagated by postmodernists on a daily basis against those who challenge the misguided theory.

One can draw comparison to totalitarian regimes such as that of former Nazi Germany or of the former Soviet Union.

"There is no darkness but ignorance" - William Shakespeare.
AngeryPenguin
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HexanMe)
- Belief if contradictory value systems simultaneously such as feminism & Islam

- Intolerance for traditionally Western artefacts & cultures such as Christianity while at the same time love of all non-Western religions which usually have the same premises as Christianity.
Oh, the irony.

I can't imagine the level of cognitive dissonance that allows you to use a Jewish Palestinian refugee as a rally for Western chauvanistism in your rant about upholding "Western" values. It is ignorance of the highest order.

Feminism existing within Islam is not as contradictory as your beliefs.
Last edited by AngeryPenguin; 1 year ago
HexanMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Oh, the irony.

I can't imagine the level of cognitive dissonance that allows you to use a Jewish Palestinian refugee as a rally for Western chauvanistism in your rant about upholding "Western" values. It is ignorance of the highest order.

Feminism existing within Islam is not as contradictory as your beliefs.
I am slightly confused. Where is the reference to a Jewish Palestinians refugee that you refer to?

And on your second point, perhaps you could point us to this Islamic feminism you refer to. Examples please.
Violet Femme
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I do enjoy reading a pseudo intellectual rant while eating my cornflakes.
HexanMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by Violet Femme)
I do enjoy reading a pseudo intellectual rant while eating my cornflakes.
Your post is a polite way of saying that you’re “triggered”.

A veiled attempt to put some sophistication around your triggering.

I wonder what’s next “oh it’s the far-right.”
Last edited by HexanMe; 1 year ago
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Just a minor point . This comes a day after I read an article in The Times claiming that one of the reasons poverty is being slowly but surely eradicated in the world is because IQs are rising and we are becoming better educated.
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HexanMe)
I don’t disagree with that. The people of the world are becoming more educated in basic things like basic numeracy and writing which enables employment. Don’t disagree.

When it comes to actually thinking this is not the case and if you do back to say Hegel’s time, there is probably no one in the world who could think to the level of Hegel.

Let’s take an example. How many of you are even aware of the flood of hoax papers into the humanise subjects like Gender Studies and Grievance Studies that are being published as real papers?

These are the subjects that have created the foundation of our entire belief system and most people are even unaware that these subjects have been proven to have no standards and no validity.

The universities are not teaching people to think critically, only to think in some form or another.
Well I think the writer was saying that IQs in western countries were rising too but no matter .
My favourite quote is ,
Everyone is an expert on one subject ,
On every other subject they have the understanding of a 5 year old .

The world /people suddenly became a lot easier for me to understand when I read that.
HexanMe
Rep:
?
(Original post by moggis)
Well I think the writer was saying that IQs in western countries were rising too but no matter .
My favourite quote is ,
Everyone is an expert on one subject ,
On every other subject they have the understanding of a 5 year old .

The world /people suddenly became a lot easier for me to understand when I read that.
I have a 5 year old and he does at least ask questions and why something is so. I don’t think most people even ask why something is such, they just accept propaganda and narratives, and seemed to be programmed to have a fit when anyone points this out.

And in another dimension, people are trained to have literally zero self-awareness and externalise nearly everything. This goes hand in hand with the general lack of maturity.
Last edited by HexanMe; 1 year ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (150)
14.78%
I'm not sure (44)
4.33%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (303)
29.85%
I have already dropped out (26)
2.56%
I'm not a current university student (492)
48.47%

Watched Threads