The Student Room Group

Sign language

I really want to learn sign language as a hobby, is there any free websites online which do courses with no charge to learn signing?
Reply 1
Original post by Bethlxoxo
I really want to learn sign language as a hobby, is there any free websites online which do courses with no charge to learn signing?

It's difficult to learn BSL as a hobby, of course you can learn off YouTube and look up specific words, but you won't get a lot of the different grammar. I would suggest looking at cheap rather than unpaid. There was a website I used which was £20 for a year access and it was brilliant, but nothing will beat proper lessons or having a deaf/extremely competent signer to ask. If you have a friend, ask, because lessons are a few hundred plus for courses.
Original post by Bethlxoxo

If you sign up to Groupon or Wowcher, you can get BSL levels 1 and 2 heavily discounted at £19. It is also accredited. Cheapest in my area for classes was £420, but if on benefits, £154, which as a pensioner was a bit steep. I am using the Groupon one and it’s currently on offer. Also, a company called Of Course, are doing it heavily discounted.

Quick Reply

Latest