What are your worst Brexit fears? Watch

FfionLong
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I also found another article, they predict the number of house sales to fall back by 5% to around 1.15m compared with 2018. The number of sales will remain sharply below the 1.7m that changed hands in the peak year of 2006.House prices will stagnate in 2019 and the number of sales fall
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
A soft Brexit. Brexit needs to be hard to be successful
ByEeek
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
A soft Brexit. Brexit needs to be hard to be successful
If success is measured by how much damage it does to the economy then I completely agree. Only the rich and the foolish are calling for a hard Brexit. And the rich only want it because they know there are plenty of fools who will support them with it.
Last edited by ByEeek; 3 weeks ago
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
If success is measured by how much damage it does to the economy then I completely agree. Only the rich and the foolish are calling for a hard Brexit. And the rich only want it because they know there are plenty of fools who will support them with it.
The rich are caller for a soft brexit. The rich being the bankers and big businessmen who benefit from cheap labour supply and being able to conduct their activities unchecked in any eu country. I don't really care about brexit that much, hard or soft it won't matter. The effects won't be noticeable come 2030.
Fighter365
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
The rich are caller for a soft brexit. The rich being the bankers and big businessmen who benefit from cheap labour supply and being able to conduct their activities unchecked in any eu country. I don't really care about brexit that much, hard or soft it won't matter. The effects won't be noticeable come 2030.
What about now until 2030 then? Do those years not matter?
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Fighter365)
What about now until 2030 then? Do those years not matter?
From now until then there'll be lots in the news about deals. The deals won't have a huge effect on us no matter what. 2030 is a date for when the transition period is all over. When Brexit has completley happened it won't matter whether is hard or soft. There's not going to be recessions and trade wars.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
You will notice both almost immediately but a hard Brexit will be much worse. The value of the pound will fall which will cause imports to be much more expensive. You will notice this as a steep rise in the price of fuel, food and clothing. The rich (business owners) are naturally bothered about this but the rich e.g. Boris Johnson, Farage and Reece Mogg will have offshored much of their wealth so a devaluation of the pound will not affect them. But be under no uncertain terms, a hard Brexit will hit everyone in the country very quickly.
littleflowertots
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
No mars bars
paul514
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DustyFlowers)
As in title... what are you worst Brexit fears? or non-Brexit fears? any of the sort. Lay them out here...
No brexit or a Norway style brexit
moggis
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Following on from my previous post /fear ;
I never ever nip down to the shops only to find they’ve run out of kumquats or pilchards or hobnobs.
Meaning that I’ve had to put up three years of whining for nothing .
SaucissonSecCy
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
They've been confirmed already in a way. Just how much propaganda there is, how corrupted democracy is and how hard it is to 'drain the swamp' or change anything via the will of the people. This principle applies to Corbyn as well. Very powerful and dark forces at work to stop the people having change. I do think they are slowly losing their grip and may be unable to cling on with so many politically discontented and engaged people though.
Last edited by SaucissonSecCy; 3 weeks ago
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That we remain and Britain booms .
And remainers never ever stop saying that we are only booming because we remained .
sr90
  • TSR Support Team
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
My worst fear is the constant arguing and division within our country never ends.

The increasing use of terms like "snowflake" "remoaner" or "gammon".
The hypocrisy - like how people speak in support of how accepting and tolerant the EU is, yet they abuse leave voters as unintelligent turkeys voting for Christmas. Or people who use the term "remoaner" when they moan just as much whenever someone raises legitimate concerns about Brexit..
The arguments at just about every social event from a round of drinks at the pub to your family Christmas get together.
The thought of a second referendum which will just make the toxicity level in our country shoot up.

I'm absolutely ****ing sick to death of it.
DustyFlowers
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sr90)
My worst fear is the constant arguing and division within our country never ends.

The increasing use of terms like "snowflake" "remoaner" or "gammon".
The hypocrisy - like how people speak in support of how accepting and tolerant the EU is, yet they abuse leave voters as unintelligent turkeys voting for Christmas. Or people who use the term "remoaner" when they moan just as much whenever someone raises legitimate concerns about Brexit..
The arguments at just about every social event from a round of drinks at the pub to your family Christmas get together.
The thought of a second referendum which will just make the toxicity level in our country shoot up.

I'm absolutely ****ing sick to death of it.
Same. :/
moggis
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
That I live a long time and then get Alzheimer’s and end up in a care home and all the patients there mainly remember Brexit and there would be no escape except death.
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sknudson)
The price of food, especially meat, skyrocketing to the point we all need to put a benefit claim in just to shop at Lidl and Aldi. The irony.
Become vegan
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by chelseagirl2002)
Become vegan
I'd consider it if the price of beans and nuts would drop. There's no immediate cost benefit for me to get 200g+ of protein in a day.
toby80
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by DrMikeHuntHertz)
That the libtards won't shut up about Remoaning once we've finally left.

nice burn bro /s
Last edited by toby80; 3 weeks ago
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I dont have any. I just want less EU and people from terrorist and smuggling countries here!
chelseagirl2002
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
I dont have any. I just want less EU and people from terrorist and smuggling countries here!
Basically, you want your white British racists. I understand why you chose Leave.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise