Out of date chicken !!! Someone help??? Salmonella Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
I found some chicken in my fridge today and it was 5 days out of date, I put it in the microwave and heated it for 2 mins thinking itd be okay if it was piping hot, so I microwaved it and put it in a sandwich but now I’m starting to feel a little bit sick, could this be food poisoning starting or a coincidence, ate it about hour ago
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Probably food poisoning.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
DarkChaoz95
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I found some chicken in my fridge today and it was 5 days out of date, I put it in the microwave and heated it for 2 mins thinking itd be okay if it was piping hot, so I microwaved it and put it in a sandwich but now I’m starting to feel a little bit sick, could this be food poisoning starting or a coincidence, ate it about hour ago
Most likely, you should never eat out of date food, especially meat. If your still feeling sick I'd go see a doctor.
kiarahenry05
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Wow that’s dangerous never do that! It probably is good poisoning
katf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by DarkChaoz95)
Most likely, you should never eat out of date food, especially meat. If your still feeling sick I'd go see a doctor.
Most stuff is fine to eat past the use by date. If milk doesn't smell off, it's fine. Likewise if cheese isn't mouldy, and the same with bread. Dried and tinned foods are usually fine past their best before dates too.

Meat is the exception to the rule.
FloralHybrid
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Somethings are fine out of date if they look / smell fine - Meat and seafood do not fall under that category.
sknudson
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
Raw chicken microwaves and cooks through? That's news to me. In better news, it's not a bad thing to give the system a good clean out.
username2923348
Rep:
?
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I love natural selection. Seriously, are you a moron? Immodium for the impending diarrhea and vomiting. Paracetamol for the illness and water to keep you hydrated.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What was the hardest A-level paper of 2019?

Edexcel Maths paper 1 (17)
34.69%
Edexcel Maths paper 2 (14)
28.57%
AQA Chemistry Paper 2 (9)
18.37%
Edexcel Maths Paper 3 (4)
8.16%
AQA Physics Paper 3 (5)
10.2%

Watched Threads