superimoji
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys I am doing edexcel physics and I am finding problems with paper 3. How do you prepare for it? What do you focus on? The core practicals?
Mr.noname
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi, I am also doing Edexcel A level physics.
There are 2 paper 3 available (specimen and 2017) have you already done them?
1.) They are not just core practical papers which is a common misconception, they test knowledge on core practicals and can draw on from any part of the specification I.e. There will be a lot of synoptic questions that involve many different elements of physics together.
2.) They will definitely ask about measurement/experimental methods and uncertainties. Read appendix 10 in the specification, the definitions that edexcel want for terms like uncertainty and error are written in that documents along with several examples and solutions of uncertainty questions. I think it's best to learn the ones provided by them as they will use those in the mark scheme and they also mention they are not all the same last previous spec.
3.) Also read the examiners report as it highlights what most students did wrong, what the common incorrect answers were and also explains the reasoning behind some questions.
4.) The practical Assessments aren't really new they were I think also on the old spec check :unit 6 a level physics edexcel on physics and maths tutor I think it's an international alternative but the physics is still the same and there are loads of them which will give plenty of practice.
5.) If you have the CGP revision guide or edexcel' revision guide they summarize each core practical really well too.
Good Luck
superimoji
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by Mr.noname)
Hi, I am also doing Edexcel A level physics.
There are 2 paper 3 available (specimen and 2017) have you already done them?
1.) They are not just core practical papers which is a common misconception, they test knowledge on core practicals and can draw on from any part of the specification I.e. There will be a lot of synoptic questions that involve many different elements of physics together.
2.) They will definitely ask about measurement/experimental methods and uncertainties. Read appendix 10 in the specification, the definitions that edexcel want for terms like uncertainty and error are written in that documents along with several examples and solutions of uncertainty questions. I think it's best to learn the ones provided by them as they will use those in the mark scheme and they also mention they are not all the same last previous spec.
3.) Also read the examiners report as it highlights what most students did wrong, what the common incorrect answers were and also explains the reasoning behind some questions.
4.) The practical Assessments aren't really new they were I think also on the old spec check :unit 6 a level physics edexcel on physics and maths tutor I think it's an international alternative but the physics is still the same and there are loads of them which will give plenty of practice.
5.) If you have the CGP revision guide or edexcel' revision guide they summarize each core practical really well too.
Good Luck
Thank you very much!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (15)
25.86%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (4)
6.9%
No I am happy with my choice (36)
62.07%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (3)
5.17%

Watched Threads