esrever
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
p.d. between A and B is V and the electric field between A and B is *non* uniform. If a particle of charge Q travels from A to B, what is the energy gained by the particle.

Is the answer VQ even if the field is non uniform?
username3249896
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by esrever)
p.d. between A and B is V and the electric field between A and B is *non* uniform. If a particle of charge Q travels from A to B, what is the energy gained by the particle.

Yes. It only depends on the potential difference
esrever
Rep:
?
(Original post by BobbJo)
Yes. It only depends on the potential difference
Thank you for confirming
username3249896
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by esrever)

If you are interested in more (this is outside A level), this is due to the electric field being conservative, i.e the line integral from A to B does not depend on the path taken from A to B.
See here: https://www.topperlearning.com/doubt...lain-n7mhdguu/
Edit: It seems to want a sign up. It didn't for the first time I clicked. Just use scroll bar and read it without signing up
Last edited by username3249896; 2 years ago
esrever
Rep:
?
(Original post by BobbJo)
If you are interested in more (this is outside A level), this is due to the electric field being conservative, i.e the line integral from A to B does not depend on the path taken from A to B.
See here: https://www.topperlearning.com/doubt...lain-n7mhdguu/
Sure I'll have a look
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (14)
6.64%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (34)
16.11%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (31)
14.69%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (57)
27.01%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (41)
19.43%

Watched Threads