EU student, but can't get language proof by the 15th of Jan. Can I still apply?

Watch this thread
bhtom
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello!

I would like to send my application in the next few days through UCAS to several courses of The University of Edinburgh, but I'm in a little trouble.

I have everything ready almost, except for my TOELF (or IELTS or etc...) language exam.

I still haven't taken it and in my country there's no option to take it in the next few weeks, but 1 month later or so. However as you know the deadline to apply for unis is on the 15th of January, so I obviously can't take the test by then.

So my question is, is it possible to upload my information and everything to UCAS and apply to the universities i want to, and then later upload the number of my language exam in like 1 - 2 months?

Do universities accept language proof even after the UCAS deadline (15th of Jan.)?
faiima
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
I think you can put the qualification on ucas as 'pending'. But not sure if the unis want you to hold the qualification before applyin to them. I'd suggest writing to the unis and ask them directly or checking on their websites.
bhtom
Rep:
(Original post by faiima)
I think you can put the qualification on ucas as 'pending'. But not sure if the unis want you to hold the qualification before applyin to them. I'd suggest writing to the unis and ask them directly or checking on their websites.
Can you please tell me how i do that? There's no option for me to choose anything in the "Reference numbers" section in the "Personal Details" menu. I have three text boxes where i can write numbers only so I can't even type in "Pending".
faiima
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bhtom)
Can you please tell me how i do that? There's no option for me to choose anything in the "Reference numbers" section in the "Personal Details" menu. I have three text boxes where i can write numbers only so I can't even type in "Pending".
Usually with other qualifications it's possible to leave it as 'pending', I thought it was the same for IELTS sorry .
However I found this thread that might be useful https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1144835 The OP had the same problem as you.
Hope it helps
Afghan246
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bhtom)
Hello!

I would like to send my application in the next few days through UCAS to several courses of The University of Edinburgh, but I'm in a little trouble.

I have everything ready almost, except for my TOELF (or IELTS or etc...) language exam.

I still haven't taken it and in my country there's no option to take it in the next few weeks, but 1 month later or so. However as you know the deadline to apply for unis is on the 15th of January, so I obviously can't take the test by the

So my question is, is it possible to upload my information and everything to UCAS and apply to the universities i want to, and then later upload the number of my language exam in like 1 - 2 months?

Do universities accept language proof even after the UCAS deadline (15th of Jan.)?
Hi mate
i am also from norway. i have submitted my application and coventry uni have requested me to send proof of english language qualifcation. they will be asking about later on when you have submitted your application and get offer from then. likely i had my english GCSE (british qualifaqctions) from school.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by bhtom)
Most Uni’s don’t require you to have met their English requirements by the UCAS application deadline. If you receive an offer, they’ll give you a date to complete a SELT or other accepted English qualification.

If you want to show them that you’re going to take a test, you can input it as an ‘Other Qualification’ with a pending result. The English test section assumes you’ve already taken the test and will need your reference number I believe.
bhtom
Rep:
(Original post by faiima)
Usually with other qualifications it's possible to leave it as 'pending', I thought it was the same for IELTS sorry .
However I found this thread that might be useful https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=1144835 The OP had the same problem as you.
Hope it helps
Thanks that's useful!
CeeJay23
Badges: 7
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
you should be able to put a future month/year on UCAS. you can definitely apply without having it to uni, if you need it, they will put in your offer for you to get it and at what level/score/etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (48)
30.97%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (67)
43.23%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (38)
24.52%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.29%

Watched Threads