abdullahAK
Badges: 14
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hello , Everyone I have a question about Physics.I'll attach it in the box below.
abdullahAK
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
student has 500 identical, rectangular sheets of paper. The mass of 1.0 m2of the paper is 0.080 kg.(a) Using a metre rule, she measures the length of one sheet of paper and its width. The length is 0.300 m and the width is 0.210 m.(i) Calculate the mass of one sheet of paper.
2)The student makes a single pile of the 500 sheets of paper.With a metre rule, she measures the height of the pile. The height of the pile is 0.048 m.Calculate the density of the paper.
(b) A second student has only 5 sheets of the same type of paper.
username3249896
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by abdullahAK)
student has 500 identical, rectangular sheets of paper. The mass of 1.0 m2of the paper is 0.080 kg.(a) Using a metre rule, she measures the length of one sheet of paper and its width. The length is 0.300 m and the width is 0.210 m.(i) Calculate the mass of one sheet of paper.
2)The student makes a single pile of the 500 sheets of paper.With a metre rule, she measures the height of the pile. The height of the pile is 0.048 m.Calculate the density of the paper.
(b) A second student has only 5 sheets of the same type of paper.
a) i)Given length and width, find the area of 1 sheet of paper. Find the mass of one sheet paper.

ii) Calculate the volume of 500 sheets of paper. Calculate the mass of 500 sheets of paper. Find the density.
abdullahAK
Rep:
OK,Thanks.
abdullahAK
Rep:
can't solve this question's .part b.
Attached files
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
 P = h \rho g

The pressure due to the water at M is 60kPa
abdullahAK
Rep:
can you explain me part b beacuase I didn't understand it.
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
can you explain me part b beacuase I didn't understand it.
The pressure at the point M is 60kPa above atmospheric pressure. You are to calculate the depth of M below the surface of the water.

P_M = P_{atm}  + P_{water}
 P_{water} = \rho g h

P_M = P_{atm} + 60 kPa = P_{atm} + P_{water}
 P_{water} = 60kPa
so pressure due to water is 60kPa at M. solve the equation
abdullahAK
Rep:
I have understood almost but I have last question?
We should add 60k into atmospheic pressure and then using the density equation we can work out th depth.What is the value of air pressure
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I have understood almost but I have last question?
We should add 60k into atmospheic pressure and then using the density equation we can work out th depth.What is the value of air pressure
You don't need it

It cancels out in the equation
air pressure + water pressure = 60kPa + air pressure
so air pressure cancels and you are left with
water pressure = 60kPa
abdullahAK
Rep:
Oh,Now I get it.
Thanks
abdullahAK
Rep:
I want to ask another question relating terminal velocity.
Q:When an object reaches terminal velocity,does it decelerate afterwards,when the terminal velocity phase finishes?
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Q:When an object reaches terminal velocity,does it decelerate afterwards,when the terminal velocity phase finishes?
At terminal velocity, veloctity is constant. Acceleration is zero.
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
At terminal velocity the velocity is no longer changing, so...
abdullahAK
Rep:
No, I'm asking what happens after the terminal velocity.?
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
No, I'm asking what happens after the terminal velocity.?
if it hits the ground and velocity falls to zero

then there is a deceleration
abdullahAK
Rep:
Anyone answer this question please?
Attached files
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Anyone answer this question please?
Measure time for n oscillations (I would take n at least 20, so that measured time is > 20 s)
1 oscillation is the time for bob to go from P to Q back to P.
Repeat measurement
Find average time for n oscillations
calculate period,
period = average time for n oscillations / n
time required = 1/2 x period
Last edited by username3249896; 3 years ago
abdullahAK
Rep:
Hello everyone.
I've a question relating physics.
I'll appreciate help.
Attached files
username3249896
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hello everyone.
I've a question relating physics.
I'll appreciate help.
a) The force keeping it moving in the circle is the centripetal force and acts towards the centre

ii) F = mv^2/r
so as speed increases, force increases

b)i) the velocity is tangential to the path
so when it leaves the track, it will move in a straight line tangential to its path
so draw a tangent at P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.19%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.22%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (70)
54.69%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.91%

Watched Threads