The Student Room Group

Help finding a suitable laptop for uni

Sorry this must be asked alot! But im in need of a new laptop and i start uni this august so want something suitable.

Budget: preferably under £1000 but not set in stone.

The subject being studied: Biomedical Science/Medical Sciences

Software that will be run on it: Needs to be compatible with Microsoft Office

Screen size (e.g. 10", 12", 13.3", 15.6", 17.3" ): needs to be portable and light so under 15.6"

Operating system preference: not bothered

Battery life: would like it to last at least 12 hours?

Minimum Ram requirements: 8GB?

Minimum Storage requirements: not bothered

Weight limit: just as long as its super light and portable, would rather it was lighter than my current laptop(1.56kg)

Will it be used for playing games?: no

Touchscreen or stylus support needed?: not necassary

Are there any specific port needs? (e.g. USB type C): N/A

What current devices do you have? (including desktop, tablets and phone): my old desktop was a lenovo, was gifted the Lenovo V130CN 15.6" i5. It runs super fast but its super bulky and i like the 180 degree hinges, but thats not a requirement. I have an iPad, which i dont use much and switched out my iphone for a P20 pro.

*Just a heads up, ive never gotten into the macbook for some reason, i dont know why. Im not against it, i love the design but i found the interface hard to use? Would be willing to trial it again if you guys think its the best option though. Im also not a huge techi either so sorry if i come across really unsophisticated!:colondollar:

Also i hope this is in the right forum!
Reply 1
Thanks for this! Im liking the XPS, obviosuly it is quite dear so would you think spreading the cost and financing it is a good idea or is buying it upfront better?
Reply 2
Thanks for this! It's been super helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending