Lesbian couples and children

Watch
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Obviously 2 women cannot reproduce so either opt for IVF or artificial insemination. (Which I believe involves inserting sperm...)
Yet obviously this child is not the both the couple's biological child but do they both raise it up and treat the child as their own and as if it's both of theirs?
Because I don't feel one woman should take care of the baby whilst the other one feels not related to it.

Just curious as to what goes on.
HumbleEnough
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
they are ****S END OF .... I HAVE HEARD SOME CASES WHERE ONE OF THE WOMEN ****S ANOTHER MAN THEIR WIFES BRO/FATHER ETC TO GET A BIOLOGIC KID.

ITS UP TO THEM REALLY.!
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Obviously 2 women cannot reproduce so either opt for IVF or artificial insemination. (Which I believe involves inserting sperm...)
Yet obviously this child is not the both the couple's biological child but do they both raise it up and treat the child as their own and as if it's both of theirs?
Because I don't feel one woman should take care of the baby whilst the other one feels not related to it.

Just curious as to what goes on.
So, how do you think it works with children who are adopted and unrelated to either adoptive parent?
Anonymous #1
I've had family members who have adopted children and they've taken care of them as if they are their own. Both couple had a duty and both cared for the child equally.

But I'm just curious because for lesbians one of the women will have been the one who gave birth yet for the other woman she's had no involvement. But if I was in that position I'd love the child anyway because it's like my partners child so mine too.
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by HumbleEnough)
they are ****S END OF .... I HAVE HEARD SOME CASES WHERE ONE OF THE WOMEN ****S ANOTHER MAN THEIR WIFES BRO/FATHER ETC TO GET A BIOLOGIC KID.

ITS UP TO THEM REALLY.!
How nice of you to join and give us the benefit of your non-existent knowledge on the subject matter, not to mention your lack of spelling ability.
Anonymous #1
But then again, would this have an effect on who the child is more closer to and whether one woman feels more close to the child than the other.
Or maybe following time around the other woman could give birth so then both of them would have experienced pregnancy. But again they may just feel more attached to the child they've conceived.
Anonymous #1
That makes sense.

Thank you x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
62.03%
No (60)
37.97%

Watched Threads