Revision resources Watch

Owen R
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
What would you say is the best possible way to revise? Why do you think that and did you use that for your exams?

14hepplewhite
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
Everyone has their own revision techniques and if a method is effective for one person it doesn’t necessarily mean it’ll be effective for another however ,I used to revise by cramming it in a week before mocks but I can assure you that isn’t an effective way for anyone because apart from causing stress levels to elevate , it will only get knowledge into your short term memory .However now , I tend to revise 1 -2 months in advance but only in small portions (45 minutes a day) and go over the same content each week so that it’ll stay in my long term memory meaning that come near exams ,there won’t be much to do as you’ll know it all ,you can focus on exam techniques .As for revision techniques ,I make many flash cards ,mind maps,practice exam questions ,watching mygcsescience videos and one technique is opening up your text book,read one page ,close it and write down everything you remember from that page ,open up the textbook again and see the bits of info you forgot to write then repeat the process until you have it all .Another way (although cringy) which is good for memorising equations is to sing it to an irritating tune that you know will stay in your head .For more on exam techniques ,maintaining motivation and eliminating procrastination (wasting time/excuses) ,I’d recommend you consider purchasing the book ‘How to ace your GCSEs’ and when it comes to it ,’How to ace your A levels’ .
Owen R
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
Thank you, I'm sure that this will help me for my revising; I'll bear this in mind. Thank you again!
14hepplewhite
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
No problem and good luck !
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bradford
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate Open day Postgraduate
    Thu, 24 Oct '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Oct '19

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (67)
23.18%
No (222)
76.82%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed