The Student Room Group

GYG for dentistry

Hello since we're approaching 2019 and one of the most important year so far for the 2000/2001 (+anyone else doing a levels), i thought I'd make a gyg see how life goes kind of thing. Not to brag etc but also a place for me to vent and complain about how awful year 13 is :') and just my life. it's all my own personal experience and i'll probably use this for procrastinating work but heyho i guess. anyway about me

so i'm at A2 right now and i take biology,chemistry and politics i was originally predicted A*A*A but i asked to have this lowered to AAA since (i anyway not bragging etc i worked hard in year 12 and i've lost it now lol) didn't feel i could get those grades in the exams and i need AAA for my course,dentistry, minimum (rip). I already started to feel the pressure of year 13 in year 12 and even AAA is a lot to go for, for myself whether you're predicted higher, the same or lower that's all fine!

I'm also doing an EPQ which is vv stressful too oh my

University
I've applied for
Birmingham(offer for AAB)
Bristol (on hold)
Manchester(still waiting)
Leeds(still waiting)
Plymouth(interview 21st Jan)

How prepared do i feel: not at all
stress: extremely high
procrastinating?: always
can i do it tho: yes
Original post by applesandalevels
Hello since we're approaching 2019 and one of the most important year so far for the 2000/2001 (+anyone else doing a levels), i thought I'd make a gyg see how life goes kind of thing. Not to brag etc but also a place for me to vent and complain about how awful year 13 is :':wink: and just my life. it's all my own personal experience and i'll probably use this for procrastinating work but heyho i guess. anyway about me

so i'm at A2 right now and i take biology,chemistry and politics i was originally predicted A*A*A but i asked to have this lowered to AAA since (i anyway not bragging etc i worked hard in year 12 and i've lost it now lol) didn't feel i could get those grades in the exams and i need AAA for my course,dentistry, minimum (rip). I already started to feel the pressure of year 13 in year 12 and even AAA is a lot to go for, for myself whether you're predicted higher, the same or lower that's all fine!

I'm also doing an EPQ which is vv stressful too oh my

University
I've applied for
Birmingham(offer for AAB)
Bristol (on hold)
Manchester(still waiting)
Leeds(still waiting)
Plymouth(interview 21st Jan)

How prepared do i feel: not at all
stress: extremely high
procrastinating?: always
can i do it tho: yes

:wavey: I've moved this in to the Grow Your Grades forum for you :smile: Good luck with your exams and interview :smile:
Original post by Labrador99
:wavey: I've moved this in to the Grow Your Grades forum for you :smile: Good luck with your exams and interview :smile:

whoop it's jan1st a level year so scary but exciting!
20 days till my plymouth interview!
still on hold for bristol
haven't heard from leeds, manchester
backup: biomed @ birmingham

well we made it 2019 has begun and i feel okay i guess-already started preparations for plymouth interview today but now i'm looking and anaylsing my personal statement first before i go on to do questions, i've already done practice interviews

and now i can't find my gcse certificates i feel sick rn :frown: i need them for interviews
04/012019

so this years looking a lot better i got an interview at Leeds! it's my top uni (you know when it's 'the one') i'm so excited like words can't explain how excited i am-and surprised i did so bad at my bmat (i didn't prepare much lol) i got 3.7,2.9,3A-so if anyone doesn't think you can't get into Leeds look at me! The amount of people who said I wouldn't get an interview or I'd be so close but wouldn't make the cut off. they rank people by a scoring system (you need 36/40-per say to get in) I'm predcited AAA (they see A*s and As the same)-8/8 for A Level, 21/27 for gcse and my personal statement(which saved me for holding with bristol) i probably got a 1 for bmat lol but it doesn't matter. i rmb having a breakdown with mum over not being good enough for anywhere since my ukcat wasn't the best but oh how life is so weird i'm so thankful!
how did your Plymouth interview go?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending