The Student Room Group
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website

Clearing 2019- University of the Arts London

Hi Guys !

Please ask away with any questions you might have regarding University of The Arts London’s ( UAL) Clearing , and I will try to answer to the best of my ability!

Clearing opens on Friday 5th July 2019.

Thanks
Memunatu
(edited 4 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

What courses will be in clearing?
UAL entrance
University of the Arts London
London
Visit website
Original post by PQ
What courses will be in clearing?

Hi there ,

To see what courses have places available visit our official website here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/undergraduate-study/clearing/courses. The availability on theses course fluctuate so please keep your self up to date. These courses will be accepting applications over the next month and may not end up in Clearing - the page will be updated as courses close.

“Clearing is the final opportunity for applicants not holding a place to apply for a course. Not all courses will have vacancies and those that do will be advertised on our website and on the UCAS website. You can only receive an offer through Clearing if you already have your results.”
- quoted from our official UAL website

Hope this helps
Thanks
Memunatu
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 3
I’m a eu students and I have applied for BA architecture but still haven’t received an email asking me to upload my portfolio yet and it’s been 2 months is that normal ? Additionally do u think it’s possible to get accepted with just a strong portfolio and a good apolitirion grade .
Reply 4
Is it likely that CSM foundation 3D Dimensional design and architecture will have spaces in clearing?Thanks
Original post by University of the Arts London Student Reps
Hi Guys !

Please ask away with any questions you might have regarding University of The Arts London’s ( UAL) Clearing , and I will try to answer to the best of my ability!

Thanks
Memunatu

Hello,

I am a Foundation in Media (Film) student and I really wanted to study BA Film Practice 2019/2020 at UAL, however there are no spaces available and also not accepting applicants... Although I was on my UCAS it says this, "Clearing will start from early July. Clearing vacancies will be shown on our website from July. If you have any outstanding exam results, you must wait until you have these before using this service.". And I was wondering if the Film Practice will do clearing?
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,

I am a Foundation in Media (Film) student and I really wanted to study BA Film Practice 2019/2020 at UAL, however there are no spaces available and also not accepting applicants... Although I was on my UCAS it says this, "Clearing will start from early July. Clearing vacancies will be shown on our website from July. If you have any outstanding exam results, you must wait until you have these before using this service.". And I was wondering if the Film Practice will do clearing?

Hi there,

Thanks for your message. BA (Hons) Film Practice in LCC is really popular and has reached its full capacity. I'm afraid this course won't go to clearing this year.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
Celine
Hi Guys !

Thanks
Memunatu

Hello, do you have any indication of which courses will be available through clearing this year?

Also do you know if foundation courses such as the foundation in art and design have ever appeared in clearing in the past?

I look forward to your response,
Thank you.
Hi Roscoe,

Hope you're well and thanks for your message.

I'm not sure when the courses which will be available throught clearing will be published, but please get in touch with our admissions team: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/apply/admissions-faqs

They'll be much more able to answer you.

Hope this helps and please feel free to get in touch if you have any other questions.

All the best,
Céline
Original post by Roscoe Marshall
Hello, do you have any indication of which courses will be available through clearing this year?

Also do you know if foundation courses such as the foundation in art and design have ever appeared in clearing in the past?

I look forward to your response,
Thank you.
Reply 9
Hello, I have read through the comments, but could you kindly specify when clearing will be open this year? Also, could you please offer any advice on clearing for UAL.
Thank you for any help.
By when would I have to create a portfolio for clearance?
Hi Guys !

Hi, I’ve received a place at UAL LCC for PR, however over the past year I’ve been considering taking my fashion career seriously. I understand that CSM is a very prestige school, but I would like to know how easy is it to change courses within UAL?

Would I need a portfolio?
Hi there,

Clearing will be open on the 5th of July and we will have a clearing guide live soon! So I'll post more tips then. UCAS has a page which explains a bit more about clearing: https://www.ucas.com/undergraduate/results-confirmation-and-clearing/what-clearing

Studential also published an interesting clearing guide: https://www.studential.com/further-education/UCAS-Clearing-Guide-2019

Hope this helps!

Best,
Céline
Student Rep.
Original post by lin9g
Hello, I have read through the comments, but could you kindly specify when clearing will be open this year? Also, could you please offer any advice on clearing for UAL.
Thank you for any help.
Hiya!

It's likely that you will be asked the submit a portfolio (mainly for hands-on subjects such as fine art, photorgaphy, illustrationg, fashion or graphic design). If you’re going to apply through Clearing, we’d advise that you have this ready for when Clearing opens from 5 July for students with their results or, if you’re waiting on A-level results, you’ll be able to apply from 15 August. You can check whether any open courses that you’re interested in applying to require portfolios on the individual course pages.

There's a Portfolio preparation guide on the UAL website: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/apply/portfolio-preparation

The courses that are still open to applications will be listed on the UAL website soon, and updated daily. Applications are accepted until 30 June prior to Clearing and courses will be taken down as applications close.

Any questions please let me know!
Best,
Céline
Student Rep.

Original post by saniyah_ahmed
By when would I have to create a portfolio for clearance?
Hiya,

It would really depend on the fashion course that you’re looking at. For example, whether you’re looking to move to a Fashion Design course or Fashion Communication course, it may not be an easy change. The more hands-on creative subjects like fashion design will require a portfolio. Do you know which course you’re interested in? The requirements on that course page will tell you whether you would need one and what would be expected.

I’d recommend getting in touch with CSM’s Admissions teams to find out whether this would be a possibility for you. You can email them on [email protected]. Some of the CSM courses are now closed for applications to join this September - you can check whether the course you’re interested in is still accepting applications by checking the course page on our website.

Hope this helps and please let me know if you have any othwer questions.

Best,
Céline
Student Rep.
Original post by December 16
Hi Guys !

Hi, I’ve received a place at UAL LCC for PR, however over the past year I’ve been considering taking my fashion career seriously. I understand that CSM is a very prestige school, but I would like to know how easy is it to change courses within UAL?

Would I need a portfolio?

Reply 15
Hi there, I'm looking to apply for the fashion pattern course. I originally applied for costume for theatre/film elsewhere but have now changed my mind. Other than a portfolio would I need to have anything else prepared?
Reply 16
Hi what is the lowest UCAS points you fought accept. Like how many points off a grade?
Reply 17
Hi, I'm interested in applying for MA.Fashion Communication- Fashion Image in Central Saint Martin for 2020 intake. I have a background in B.Des. Fashion Communication and I'm very much interested in graphics and art direction. Am I suitable for the course and what do they expect from applicants portfolio? I really need some help
Hi Guys !

Clearing opens on Friday 5th July 2019.

Thanks
Memunatu
Hi there!

If you have Fashion Communication background, you should definitely fit into the MA Fashion Communication: Fashion Image in CSM. Be sure to check out the "How to Apply" section of the course on the website to see the formal requirements and what they expect from a prospective student. To do so, click here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/subjects/curation-and-culture/postgraduate/ma-fashion-communication-csm#apply

We have plenty of help available on our website on creating your portfolio. The link to that is here: https://www.arts.ac.uk/study-at-ual/apply/portfolio-preparation. Also, we have video tutorials on our official YouTube channel for some extra clarity (find it here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLEejZG4jtr9l7kUVql1dnWLFGgHfRabI9). It's worth having a browse in YouTube for some portfolio preparation videos made by other people and see the kind of work people are putting out on theirs; use this to give you an idea on yours!

Maybe it would also be good to try search previous MA graduate shows for this particular course to see what kind of work is being made. Perhaps you have made some work that is similar in themes and context that would make your application stronger. Try to come to our Open Days this year to see the college and get in touch with the tutors in person! If not, contact the college/the staff at that course to get better knowledge of the course and see what they're looking for in the student. So, you can tailor your portfolio, make it as strong as possible and make them see you are the ideal candidate!

If you have any questions, let us know and we'll do our best to help!

All the Best,
Charlene :biggrin:
Student Rep.
Original post by Sradha
Hi, I'm interested in applying for MA.Fashion Communication- Fashion Image in Central Saint Martin for 2020 intake. I have a background in B.Des. Fashion Communication and I'm very much interested in graphics and art direction. Am I suitable for the course and what do they expect from applicants portfolio? I really need some help
Hi everyone,

Hope you're all well.

Please find below the list of the courses in Clearing at LCC:
BA (Hons) Advertising
BA (Hons) Animation
BA (Hons) Contemporary Media Cultures - Applications for 2019/20 entry are now closed for Home/EU students.
BA (Hons) Design for Art Direction
BA (Hons) Design for Branded Spaces
BA (Hons) Design Management
BA (Hons) Film and Screen Studies
BA (Hons) Games Design
BA (Hons) Illustration and Visual Media
BA (Hons) Interaction Design Arts
BA (Hons) Journalism
BA (Hons) Magazine Journalism and Publishing
BA (Hons) Media Communications
BA (Hons) Photojournalism and Documentary Photography
BA (Hons) Public Relations
BA (Hons) Sound Arts and Design
BA (Hons) Television and Live Events Production
BA (Hons) User Experience Design

If you're interested in applying for any of these courses, LCC is running three Clearing Open Days on the:
16 July : https://www.arts.ac.uk/whats-on/clearing-open-day2
24 July: https://www.arts.ac.uk/whats-on/clearing-open-day3
1 August: https://www.arts.ac.uk/whats-on/clearing-open-day

Note that these events are only for students interested in a September 2019 start.

Any questions please feel free to get in touch with me :smile:

All the best,
Celine
Student Rep.
Graduate BA (Hons) Television and Live Events Production

Quick Reply