The Student Room Group

22 and never had a boyfriend

So I'm 22 and I've never had a boyfriend. But I have slept with so many guys that I have lost count. Please do not judge me. I find it very upsetting and lonely. Where can I meet decent men? Most men just want my p****. 😓 I want to fall in love and have a boyfriend I think it is a beautiful thing. Especially when my close friend has just got engaged. I have fears I might be older and single forever. Like will anyone ever like me. 😢😢 also there is nothing wrong with my appearance. X

Can you give me some advice on what to do? Thank you

Scroll to see replies

Make as many friends and contacts as you can, take advantage of every opportunity to meet new people.
There's no need for you to feel ashamed of your sexual history, sex is a big part of most people's lives.
Even if you regret meeting some of the guys, there's still a world of difference between ons and being a vicious criminal.

I'm assuming that you have an interesting personality, reasonable social skills and looks that don't scare guys away.
Focus on the sort of guys you want to get into a relationship with and decide what your non-negotiable are: age range, physical type, employment, hobbies.
Then think of at least two things you want to avoid under all circumstances.
For example- I only date guys at least 15 years older than me and try to avoid anyone who keeps a snake or meerkat as a pet.
Original post by londonmyst
I only date guys at least 15 years older than me and try to avoid anyone who keeps a snake or meerkat as a pet.

Must say, that very last criteria is interesting 😂
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Must say, that very last criteria is interesting 😂

I've been bitten by a meerkat and my father kept large vicious snakes.
Reply 4
Original post by londonmyst
Make as many friends and contacts as you can, take advantage of every opportunity to meet new people.
There's no need for you to feel ashamed of your sexual history, sex is a big part of most people's lives.
Even if you regret meeting some of the guys, there's still a world of difference between ons and being a vicious criminal.

I'm assuming that you have an interesting personality, reasonable social skills and looks that don't scare guys away.
Focus on the sort of guys you want to get into a relationship with and decide what your non-negotiable are: age range, physical type, employment, hobbies.
Then think of at least two things you want to avoid under all circumstances.
For example- I only date guys at least 15 years older than me and try to avoid anyone who keeps a snake or meerkat as a pet.

Thanks for the advice. But, I feel I'm quite open minded. I think anything more than 15 years is also too much. Cos that person will already have lived life when u can enjoy and experience it together. I don't ever meet decent guys. Like even after a drink or meal they want sex :- (
You can try various online dating websites, do speed dating, join clubs out of interest, meet men through education, bars, coffee shops, through your social circle and by going out.
Original post by Anonymous
So I'm 22 and I've never had a boyfriend. But I have slept with so many guys that I have lost count. Please do not judge me. I find it very upsetting and lonely. Where can I meet decent men? Most men just want my p****. 😓 I want to fall in love and have a boyfriend I think it is a beautiful thing. Especially when my close friend has just got engaged. I have fears I might be older and single forever. Like will anyone ever like me. 😢😢 also there is nothing wrong with my appearance. X

I'm judging you regardless of what you told me to do. Go and *HOOT* yourself.
Original post by Trust Orang

I hate people with your particular mindset. Just reread your comment and you'd be ashamed. You must not leave comment on people's posts when you have nothing good to say, especially when it is serious business.
Go on dates
Original post by Humble_me
I hate people with your particular mindset. Just reread your comment and you'd be ashamed. You must not leave comment on people's posts when you have nothing good to say, especially when it is serious business.

I reread it. I'm also not ashamed.

You don't get to choose who judges you, what other people think is their business, no matter how much it doesn't matter. Welcome to real life, I guess?

"I hate people with your particular mindset" - Looks like you're judging me too. I am justifiably hateable. Are you going to wriggle yourself around that blazingly obvious cognitive dissonance?
Reply 10

Orange one, you angry tonight? :wink:
Original post by Humble_me
Simply troll away!

You don't know what a "troll" is.
Original post by Spanx
Orange one, you angry tonight? :wink:

Somewhere between rage and mirth, yeah.
Reply 13
Somewhere between rage and mirth, yeah.

*hugs*

Let it go, just breathe.
Original post by Spanx
*hugs*

Let it go, just breathe.

I will not. Make me.
Reply 15
I will not. Make me.

I guess I better not ask anonymous to be my gf, will only get you more angry...

:P
Original post by Anonymous

I sometimes question myself aswell everyone around me is loved up it has a crush. I guess your time comes. Still waiting for my one. Also no matter you history there is someone willing to take you . I guess we just have to wait for the time
Original post by Spanx
I guess I better not ask anonymous to be my gf, will only get you more angry...

:P

She'd reject you, but by all means, go ahead and trigger me.
She'd reject you, but by all means, go ahead and trigger me.

Noo I wouldn't!!
Original post by Deryabaglan
I sometimes question myself aswell everyone around me is loved up it has a crush. I guess your time comes. Still waiting for my one. Also no matter you history there is someone willing to take you . I guess we just have to wait for the time

This exactly how I feel! My best mate is engaged

Quick Reply