The Student Room Group

I feel like...

I feel like I let my ex boyfriend get away with treating me like ****. It’s been months and I still feel angry and that I want bad things for him. I know he will never get another chance with me because my self respect won’t allow it but this isn’t enough. Is there anything I can do that don’t involve having contact with him that could help me to release this anger? I feel like I want him to know just how angry I am.
Write a letter to him with everything you want to say to him about what he did to you, and then burn it and watch it be destroyed.
Just don't do what I did and decided it was a much better idea to send the letter.
Honestly the best thing you can do is ignore him completely. Shut him off from your life you don’t need that negativity and him reminding you of it get rid of any contact you have with him. And try and think about nicer things and how much better you are than him
Original post by Anonymous
I feel like I let my ex boyfriend get away with treating me like ****. It’s been months and I still feel angry and that I want bad things for him. I know he will never get another chance with me because my self respect won’t allow it but this isn’t enough. Is there anything I can do that don’t involve having contact with him that could help me to release this anger? I feel like I want him to know just how angry I am.

Or you can find someone a thousand times better and make him regret every thing he did to you. He’ll realise what he lost out on.
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Write a letter to him with everything you want to say to him about what he did to you, and then burn it and watch it be destroyed.
Just don't do what I did and decided it was a much better idea to send the letter.

How did that turn out for you, if you don't mind me asking, that is?
A big rant text saying how dare I send that to his parents' house (addressed to him so I don't know why that matters..) and it said he never wanted to see me again.. which suited me fine. At no point did he deny anything I'd written, which makes me think I'd hit a nerve.
Reply 6
A big rant text saying how dare I send that to his parents' house (addressed to him so I don't know why that matters..) and it said he never wanted to see me again.. which suited me fine. At no point did he deny anything I'd written, which makes me think I'd hit a nerve.

Did you feel better after?
Reply 7

You haven't gotten over him yet. You need to get busy doing other things in your life to achieve your goals rather than wasting time on this guy.Look at this another wat: he came into your life to teach you things about yourself! perhaps, for example, the signs were there but you took too long to expose him and get rid of him. why? Read more sbout dating snd chooding partners and work on your self esteem as well!
Did you feel better after?

Not really, but never mind.
Reply 9
Original post by mgi
You haven't gotten over him yet. You need to get busy doing other things in your life to achieve your goals rather than wasting time on this guy.Look at this another wat: he came into your life to teach you things about yourself! perhaps, for example, the signs were there but you took too long to expose him and get rid of him. why? Read more sbout dating snd chooding partners and work on your self esteem as well!

I don’t need to work on my self esteem, I think when you really like someone you choose not to see the negatives doesn’t mean I don’t value myself. Just wish I’d not wasted my time
Original post by Pseudo Intellect
Or you can find someone a thousand times better and make him regret every thing he did to you. He’ll realise what he lost out on.

PRSOM
exactly make him see wat he has lost
I can relate to this.

Literally don’t go out your way to show him that you’re angry because the truth is he probably wouldn’t care.

Let it go and be the bigger person no matter how angry you are..he doesn’t deserve to know how you feel.

Don’t let him have the upper hand, learn from this experience and know your self worth
Don’t.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
PRSOM
exactly make him see wat he has lost

:borat:
Reply 14
I don’t need to work on my self esteem, I think when you really like someone you choose not to see the negatives doesn’t mean I don’t value myself. Just wish I’d not wasted my time

but for a better relationship you do have to take a look at the downsides before they get out of hand. Sounds like he was toxic so you don't need to talk to him any more. If you do you will just polish his ego; no point. There are always things we can learn from our crap previous relationships. What attracted him to you and you to him? You probably saw some bad things early on and just ignored your gut feelings?perhaps?
Original post by I AM GROOT 1
PRSOM exactly make him see wat he has lost
Or, instead, just get on with living your life and leave them be. Don't use somebody as a means to enact some kind of revenge on your ex. The moment you start going down that path, you starting to become a bitter and twisted person (believe me, I've been there). Go out and find somebody who doesn't treat you like **** for yourself - not to prove a point to your ex.
Original post by jackwinch
Or, instead, just get on with living your life and leave them be. Don't use somebody as a means to enact some kind of revenge on your ex. The moment you start going down that path, you starting to become a bitter and twisted person (believe me, I've been there). Go out and find somebody who doesn't treat you like **** for yourself - not to prove a point to your ex.

i agree probably should have worded it differently
Reply 17

I’d sent it if I ever happened to be in that position.

Quick Reply