Jackmain
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 9 months ago
I’ve heard from a lot of people and YouTube that if an international student can get a scholarship of over $1000 then they can qualify for in state tuition in Texas. I would just like to know whether this is true or not and if so what are the conditions etc.
DrawTheLine
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jackmain)
I’ve heard from a lot of people and YouTube that if an international student can get a scholarship of over $1000 then they can qualify for in state tuition in Texas. I would just like to know whether this is true or not and if so what are the conditions etc.
Your best bet is to contact the universities in Texas.
dorian81
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
(Original post by Jackmain)
You are correct,
International students studying in Texas are available for in-state tuition, as long as they receive a minimum scholarship of $1000

Here's a quote from the UT Dallas website (https://www.utdallas.edu/finaid/aid-...-scholarships/)

"Eligible students include nonresident or international students receiving a competitive institutional scholarship of at least $1,000 (or a combination of scholarships totaling at least $1,000 for the academic year). In the scholarship process, you must have competed with other students, including Texas residents, for the award. You may receive a waiver of nonresident tuition for the period of time covered by the scholarship, not to exceed 12 months; the benefit does not cross academic years. Waivers may be received in any year in which you meet the competitive scholarship requirements."

I've also heard that certain universities such as New Mexico State and Southern Arkansas State offer similar waiver scholarships to international students, as well as certain schools (Minnesota St. Moorhead, etc.) in the state of Minnesota.

Overall, it usually relies on the state the school is in, but in-state tuition is available to international students in some cases.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (2)
13.33%
They might tell the bully (2)
13.33%
I don't think they'd understand (3)
20%
It might lead to more bullying (4)
26.67%
There's nothing they could do (4)
26.67%

Watched Threads