kaitlindexter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I would like to have a career in midwifery or health care when I'm older, so I have decided to take A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and psychology but I was also considering taking an A-level in statistics. I was just wondering if this would be a good option as I don't want to narrow my career paths just to midwifery, or could this narrow my future opportunities after college. If there is any other A-levels that I should consider then please let me know.
Crow_M
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A Level Maths > Stats
HGS345
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kaitlindexter)
I would like to have a career in midwifery or health care when I'm older, so I have decided to take A-levels in Biology, Chemistry and psychology but I was also considering taking an A-level in statistics. I was just wondering if this would be a good option as I don't want to narrow my career paths just to midwifery, or could this narrow my future opportunities after college. If there is any other A-levels that I should consider then please let me know.
What made you want to pick statistics out of interest?

Maths is probably the best option alongside the first three you mentioned as everywhere you go, there's Maths. It opens the most doors imo, but it isn't necessary. However it is probably a better option than statistics, as statistics is a specific field of Maths, and you cover a statistics module in maths anyway, either in year 12 or year 13
Emma603xxxx
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I suggest doing health and social care as if you change your mind and don’t want to do midwifery, there are so many more jobs needed in health and social care. People don’t believe how large the field of jobs there is and how high in demand they are!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (554)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (676)
41.37%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (330)
20.2%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (74)
4.53%

Watched Threads