The Student Room Group

Too late to add an extra choice?

I applied for dentistry in October to 4 unis but didn’t put a 5th choice for a different course. I kind of wish I had now, can I still do this? It’s past the dentistry deadline but not the deadline for other courses. Is it a bad idea because they will obviously realise I’ve waited ages since sending the dentistry one due to my dentistry personal statement? Also will it affect how universities view my application for dentistry? Thanks
Original post by lauriebeth7
I applied for dentistry in October to 4 unis but didn’t put a 5th choice for a different course. I kind of wish I had now, can I still do this? It’s past the dentistry deadline but not the deadline for other courses. Is it a bad idea because they will obviously realise I’ve waited ages since sending the dentistry one due to my dentistry personal statement? Also will it affect how universities view my application for dentistry? Thanks

your universities wont know where else you have applied to so yes you can use your fifth choice but you are right it will be clear that it is a back up choice, but you might as well use it.

Quick Reply

Latest