The Student Room Group

Anxiety-induced Farting in an exam hall

Have you ever been anxiety-stricken in an exam hall, which resulted in you letting out an audible fart?

Scroll to see replies

no

also Relationships may not be the best place for this thread :redface:
Reply 2
no, I'd have to leave the hall and never come back if that ever happened to me
I’d kill myself
Reply 4
Kill yourself? Over a fart that we all naturally do, at inopportune times or not? That's ridiculous!
Reply 5
What would you do if it happened to you at your job? Would you kill yourself?
perhaps
Reply 7
not Exactly but one time i was half asleep and let out a small-ish (but still audible to those around me) fart. im so glad it didnt smell bad too or i would have cried on the spot
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by Humble_me
Kill yourself? Over a fart that we all naturally do, at inopportune times or not? That's ridiculous!

I have crippling social awkwardness. I’d run out and jump in front of a bus. The sad thing is I’m not kidding...
What would you do if it happened to you at your job? Would you kill yourself?

Yeah
Reply 10
Original post by anonymous1231231
I have crippling social awkwardness. I’d run out and jump in front of a bus. The sad thing is I’m not kidding...

Sometimes we think that a problem would consume us but find out actually that we could live through it if our worst fears ever hit us.
Sometimes we think that a problem would consume us but find out actually that we could live through it if our worst fears ever hit us.

You clearly don’t suffer from any form of social anxiety
Was it a darts exam?
Have you ever been anxiety-stricken in an exam hall, which resulted in you letting out an audible fart?

I'm generally a very anxious person and it's worse in exam halls, but in order to stop that from happening (or in my case, my stomach rumbling) I just eat a really solid breakfast slowly and drink a lot of water. Worked so far, touch wood.
Reply 14
If you do, you can always blame it on the invigilator.
Reply 15
Original post by XKangaotiCX
I'm generally a very anxious person and it's worse in exam halls, but in order to stop that from happening (or in my case, my stomach rumbling) I just eat a really solid breakfast slowly and drink a lot of water. Worked so far, touch wood.

That makes so much sense in the case of someone with a rumbling issue. But for the person who might experience a temporary loss of sphincter control when a sudden pressure comes, an audible flatus might make its way out before he's able to stop it.
just keep your head down
Reply 17
Original post by UWS
If you do, you can always blame it on the invigilator.

That's funny. Lol! But why do we handle flatulence this way? It's a natural occurrence and, therefore, it could announce its presence any time.
Reply 18
Original post by Merry Xmas 2k18
just keep your head down

Yeah, don't look around. Just pretend to be to engrossed with the exam.
Reply 19
What is L.D.S? What does the acronym stand for?

Quick Reply

Latest