This discussion is closed.
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Sorry I have taken over as OP of this thread.

This thread is to discuss Oxford GEP A101, 2019 entry.

Please can I remind all that links to all off-site social media is not allowed, and that interview discussions about specific details are not allowed.

:ta:
Last edited by ecolier; 2 years ago
charlyt123
Badges: 6
Report 2 years ago
Hey guys!

I haven't seen a forum for 2019 entry Graduate entry medicine for Oxford so thought I would start one!

Maybe we can list our degree, result, BMAT score (if you've done it) etc?

Best of luck guys
ArcherBear
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Grad medics, are you applying to a specific college? If so which and why?
Dr Otter
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Lets get this thread going... Has everyone got their applications in? How is the BMAT revision going? Any methods other than doing past papers? And what colleges are people applying to?
Christof22
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Anyone received any news from Oxford yet?
ak14832
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Christof22)
Anyone received any news from Oxford yet?
No news.... someone on another group has said the A100 invites have started to go out. Their interviews are a couple of days before the A101 so hopefully that means ours are not far behind.... Although they are completely seperate, so it's anyones guess really!!
Christof22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ak14832)
No news.... someone on another group has said the A100 invites have started to go out. Their interviews are a couple of days before the A101 so hopefully that means ours are not far behind.... Although they are completely seperate, so it's anyones guess really!!
Haha, for some reason I wrote down that we should hear back from tomorrow onwards.. not sure exactly what I based that on, perhaps from trawling previous threads. Fingers crossed it's this week. Will post here if/when I hear anything!
ak14832
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Christof22)
Haha, for some reason I wrote down that we should hear back from tomorrow onwards.. not sure exactly what I based that on, perhaps from trawling previous threads. Fingers crossed it's this week. Will post here if/when I hear anything!
I read somewhere (not their official information), that they would specifically release interviews today, so that helped with the constant email checking up until today, but now it's even worse!!
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I read somewhere (not their official information), that they would specifically release interviews today, so that helped with the constant email checking up until today, but now it's even worse!!
Interviews for A101 or just A100?
Christof22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm pretty busy in the lab today, will make a point of not checking now until i'm done this evening.. hopefully some news will be waiting!
ak14832
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ArcherBear)
Interviews for A101 or just A100?
A101, but it was the only place I saw that date quoted and it was by a third party talking about all gradute courses. Who knows where they got it from!
ArcherBear
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
A101, but it was the only place I saw that date quoted and it was by a third party talking about all gradute courses. Who knows where they got it from!
Ahh okay thanks
rose0852
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi everyone, oh my gosh this wait is killing me. Not feeling hopeful after dismally sub-par BMAT result but just want to know either way!

Can anyone remember how they do it - is it that they interview the top 40% of BMAT scores then have a few places for interview that they allocate when they feel grades/academics show that applicant's BMAT does not accurately reflect their scientific ability? Feel like I have read that somewhere...

Fingers crossed that the wait is short!
Dr Otter
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rose0852)
Can anyone remember how they do it - is it that they interview the top 40% of BMAT scores then have a few places for interview that they allocate when they feel grades/academics show that applicant's BMAT does not accurately reflect their scientific ability? Feel like I have read that somewhere...
From what I understand being in the top 40% doesnt guarantee you an interview. Was told your application gets graded by two independent reviewers and that is combined with the BMAT score for the interview decision. So I assume you need top 40% and a high application score. But a high application score and under 40% can mean an interview too.
rose0852
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I see I see, thanks for the clarification.

If grad scores were in line with overall scores, I guess that would mean only people with around 5.5/6 above on average per section would be in that top 40%. Is anyone aware of any stats suggesting how general grad scores compare to average scores?
Dr Otter
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by rose0852)
I see I see, thanks for the clarification.

If grad scores were in line with overall scores, I guess that would mean only people with around 5.5/6 above on average per section would be in that top 40%. Is anyone aware of any stats suggesting how general grad scores compare to average scores?
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0Ltr.docx.html

This is the magic document. Overall it looks like grad BMAT scores are lower than UG ones (I assume given time since A Levels). And apparently the average BMAT scores this year are lower if that makes anyone feel better. Plus the oft quoted one that a PhD student last year got an interview with all 3s in the BMAT.
rose0852
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Dr Otter)
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...0Ltr.docx.html

This is the magic document. Overall it looks like grad BMAT scores are lower than UG ones (I assume given time since A Levels). And apparently the average BMAT scores this year are lower if that makes anyone feel better. Plus the oft quoted one that a PhD student last year got an interview with all 3s in the BMAT.
you're a star, thanks so much
Juddaat
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Can someone change or make a new thread that has 2019 entry in the title. This may attract more people to the thread. I really wanna know if anyone has been shortlisted yet, so plz post with any news!
jennyc920
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Juddaat)
Can someone change or make a new thread that has 2019 entry in the title. This may attract more people to the thread. I really wanna know if anyone has been shortlisted yet, so plz post with any news!
Stressful!
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (302)
55.51%
I don't have everything I need (242)
44.49%

Watched Threads