Internet Boyfriend, could it work?

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I've been talking to this really nice boy online continuously (basically 24/7) we've video chatted a lot. There is one problem though... He lives in Oklahoma in the US whereas I live in London! This sounds really weird but we've become so attached to each other because not gonna lie, he's anything you could've dreamed of. I've started catching feelings and i don't know if i should give up because we're both thousands of miles apart, and meeting each other seems impossible! :(
londonmyst
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
It's fine to have an online friend but don't become emotionally dependent upon regular contact.
My best friend is working in india; there the time difference and communication limitations to cope with.
I can't use skype or live video feeds and she doesn't use social media.
We pretty much rely on phone calls, texts, email and postcards.
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've been talking to this really nice boy online continuously (basically 24/7) we've video chatted a lot. There is one problem though... He lives in Oklahoma in the US whereas I live in London! This sounds really weird but we've become so attached to each other because not gonna lie, he's anything you could've dreamed of. I've started catching feelings and i don't know if i should give up because we're both thousands of miles apart, and meeting each other seems impossible!
Worked with me and my boyfriend, 100% doable IF you can eventually meet.
Xodrama.
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Lol. There are over 8 million people in London. And you went for a dude in Oklahoma of all places.:indiff:
username3774332
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
was gonna happen to me, but the girl was in london and we were gonna meet after GCSE's, but things happened.

It works in some cases, but in your situation is unlikely.
username2861570
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
I was in a similar situation with my ex. She lives in London and I live up near Newcastle so it's 100% do-able. Only thing with your situation is that you guys are soooo far apart. If you could meet every once in a while that would be great.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (21)
27.63%
As I expected (23)
30.26%
Harder (28)
36.84%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (4)
5.26%

Watched Threads