A Little More Room to Grow, Maybe? Watch

a.yasminne
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by CinnamonSmol)
I love your handwiritng! honestly, if you feel demotivated and what to chill then give yourself a day or two -particularly if you feel knackered. sometimes just guilt tripping yourself when you're relaxing can make you feel worse maybe make a checklist? either way, good luck on your studies!
Really?! This is my note-taking handwriting so it’s a bit messy from my general writing. I’m just scared that if I do take the time to just relax I’ll wuickly become accustomed to it, so that’s why I try to refrain from fully chilling. I will definitely try to make a checklist! That sounds like such a great idea
gcsemusicsucks
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Those notes :gah:
I'm jealous - I wish I'd used A Levels more to find out which studying style suits me the most! It would have been very good use of my time and great preparation for uni
Completely relate with the feeling tired all the time - but I agree with CinnamonSmol - best thing you can do is take a day off or something (if you can that is ), do whatever you want, and then promise to yourself you'll come back the next day ready to be productive :yes:
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by gcsemusicsucks)
Those notes :gah:
I'm jealous - I wish I'd used A Levels more to find out which studying style suits me the most! It would have been very good use of my time and great preparation for uni
Completely relate with the feeling tired all the time - but I agree with CinnamonSmol - best thing you can do is take a day off or something (if you can that is ), do whatever you want, and then promise to yourself you'll come back the next day ready to be productive :yes:
I’m still struggling to find which style suits me most :blushing: Ah yes, I will try to set that aside and plan to have a day off every week to just clear my head. I think that’ll be a great idea! Thank you! :hugs:
gcsemusicsucks
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a.yasminne)
I’m still struggling to find which style suits me most :blushing: Ah yes, I will try to set that aside and plan to have a day off every week to just clear my head. I think that’ll be a great idea! Thank you! :hugs:
It's harder than one would think You'll get there soon though :hugs:
Definitely sounds like a good plan :yep:
CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by a.yasminne)
Really?! This is my note-taking handwriting so it’s a bit messy from my general writing. I’m just scared that if I do take the time to just relax I’ll wuickly become accustomed to it, so that’s why I try to refrain from fully chilling. I will definitely try to make a checklist! That sounds like such a great idea
'a bit messy' HmMmMm
I guess different techniques work for different people, I find that taking time out is v useful for me (ironically, im skipping college right now as I'm typing this, for a mental health day) as long as you recognise when you're stressed and you try and do something about it I guess it doesn't relaly matter
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
January

Week 2
(Wednesday 8th - Wednesday 16th)
So I attempted to act upon your opinions of taking a day off to relax, so I did so on Saturday and it felt so good to just let go and relax! :yep: I had some extra work to do in my frees but honestly it was okay cause I did feel a bit more motivated, although I can still be seen slacking off at times :lol:

I am currently doing an NCH Essay Competition and I had no motivation to complete them, but I actually did half of it the other day! Although, I am a little stuck. I’m torn between writing their English and Philosphy prompt. :bricks: I’ve attempted them both: my English essay sounds more sophisticated and convincing yet i trail off a bit, and my Phiosophy essay is more interesting to write about yet I’m not happy with how it’s sounding. I think I may continue my philosophy essay, but I’m not sure yet. I have also completed an entry for the Keats-Shelly Association Prize and I was so proud of myself. The more I read it though, the more I realise the things I could’ve done better. It’s all done and dusted now so I know I shouldn’t worry about it, but I still have the jitters! :puppyeyes:

In English I am now on our coursework module, and I’ve got to say it’s a bit nerve racking. :dong: It is about Carol Ann Duffy’s poetry collection ‘The World’s Wife’, and the essays are worth 15 marks each. You also have to relate it to the rest of the poems in the collection which is really different and a bit difficult to me since it’s so foreign. :blushing:

I was trying to do some context research, as we should do at A-Level, but I cannot find any juicy details about Duffy or her intentions and influences. If you do English, could you please help me out? I’m seriously freaking out (kinda). :
:eek4:

I received my Religious Studies landmark (assessment) and I got full marks!! :eek4: I’m so happy! I did not expect that at all because it was such a hard question, but I’m even more determined now to work harder so I can continue that streak.

Nothing else has really happened, so I’ll have to cut off here. Until next time, :woo:

Arrivederci!
Last edited by a.yasminne; 4 weeks ago
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Good luck with the comps!
CinnamonSmol
  • Community Assistant
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well done in RS!
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
well done with RS!! :woo:
:hugs:
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Good luck with the comps!
(Original post by CinnamonSmol)
well done in RS!
(Original post by nyxnko_)
well done with RS!! :woo:
Thank you guys! :hugs:
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
January

Week 2
(Thursday 17th-Thursday 24th)
It has been such a tiring, long yet quick week. I feel so physically drained! :lol: I’m almost finished my NCH essay, and it’s coming along quite nicely, although it does lack some more examples but I’m trying to fix it up. It’s great essay writing practice and I couldn’t really care about winning anymore. :yep:

I’ve done an interim on Monday for RS, and to be honest with you, I did not try to put any effort into it and I feel so bad!:blushing: I was just so tired and it was a Monday morning, so I was basically just mentally sleeping. I also got my EWT landmark back from Psychology, and I am kind of disappointed. I got 10/19 :eek4: and I know it’s only year 12 and I still have long time to fix up, but it does hit at your personal aspirations, y’know? I don’t know if she made a mistake on our tests because everyone was complaining that they should’ve gained marks, but all I know is that I need to pick up my slack. I’ve already ordered my psychology textbooks so I’m hoping to consolidate my learning on the content more. Oh God, please transfer me some will!

This week has been eventless, and it’s really shameful how little work I’ve done this week. I get home planning my evening but I end up watching my k-dramas. I’m going to try and do some work over the weekend. I may share what I’ve done if I do decide to sit down and get all my work down, so wish me luck! :lol:

Until next week,
Goodbye!
Last edited by a.yasminne; 2 weeks ago
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Have a good weekend!
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
January

Week 3
(Friday 25th- Friday 1st February)
Sorry for the delay, but my internet crashed for the week so annoying! I had to rely on the library and school for internet access.🤦🏽

This week was filled with false hope of snow, and I’m so gutted! I really wanted it to snow here, bah! Did you guys have better luck than me?

This week went pretty slow to be quite fair, and nothing major really happened. I did a few assessments here and there, but I haven’t received any marks back yet.

Someone told me a really good way to increase your knowledge on your subjects for the critical understanding section on the mark schemes for English and RS: podcasts!! I know, it didn’t seem appealing to me at first, but it can come in handy if you are busy and it plays on in the background. I’ve attempted ‘wider reading’ by listening to TED talks while I reflect on my notes from the day, however podcasts could be better when I’m studying for longer hours.

It’s the start of a new month! January kind of acted like a chilled, trial month, so this month is going to be the start of a hard working me! (I hope :s)

I’m going to start conducting mind maps because apparently that helps people? I have refrained from doing so because I just fail at creating effective spider diagrams. Everyone makes it look so pretty, whereas whenever I attempt it i make the spider look absolutely monstrous! XD I don’t know for sure, but I’ll be sure to display my attempts on here!

That’s all for this week, I’ll be posting again soon!

Until next time,
Marhaba!
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
froggi.png
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
UGH I was mad about the snow too!! My town was surrounded by weather warnings but we were excluded :") I just wanted to sleeep
Podcasts and videos are a blessing. While I was prepping for my English mock I just listened to the same videos on THT and 1984 on repeat (the Crash Course ones were the best) and it really helped drill all the information in. At GCSE we had this thing called GCSE Pod which was just a huuge bank of GCSE podcasts and they were really really useful but unfortunately they don't exist for A-Level :") I'd make my own if I could at all stand the sound of my own voice LMAO
Last edited by froggi.png; 2 weeks ago
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 weeks ago
(Original post by froggi.png)
UGH I was mad about the snow too!! My town was surrounded by weather warnings but we were excluded :") I just wanted to sleeep
Podcasts and videos are a blessing. While I was prepping for my English mock I just listened to the same videos on THT and 1984 on repeat (the Crash Course ones were the best) and it really helped drill all the information in. At GCSE we had this thing called GCSE Pod which was just a huuge bank of GCSE podcasts and they were really really useful but unfortunately they don't exist for A-Level :") I'd make my own if I could at all stand the sound of my own voice LMAO
For real, everyone and snow except for my little area :/ I had GCSEPod too, and it was honestly THE. BEST. If only they existed for a-levels; I’d be in education heaven right now! I’m going to try and listen to the crash course pods because I haven’t already, hopefully they help! :hugs:
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
February

Week 1
(Saturday 2nd February- Saturday 9th February)
There’s one week left of school until half term! Woooooo!! :woo: I know, I know, I shouldn’t get too happy and relax but I’m so tired of being too tired to go to school y’know? The rain this week was cazyyyyy, and I’m such a fool! I put my umbrella in my bag while it was still wet and it soaked through my revision cards :cry: so I had to redo half of them! I just wish summer was here to be honest.

This week in English we’ve officiallly started our coursework and...I think I’m a total wreck. We have to choose one question, but they are quite hard to write about without linking to another question. I chose a question about the presentation of female suffering in The World’s Wife because I thought there’d be alot to write about, but my ideas link to two other questions. Ugh, English English English!

I joined an article writing extra curricular (because I had to choose one) and we can write about any issue we want to! :woo: I’m torn between what I should write about. I started with Are We Too Sensitive? to Are We Losing Our Culture? to Do We Really Have Freedom of Speech? I don’t really know what to pick, and the word count is of max 500. I feel like these are quite controversial subjects, but I absolutely love in depth discussions! Which topic would you rather read about?

Everything else has been quite toned down, but next week may be more chaotic.

Until next time,
Adiós!
Last edited by a.yasminne; 1 week ago
Obolinda
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Those coursework ideas seem cool!
a.yasminne
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by Obolinda)
Those coursework ideas seem cool!
Thanks!
nyxnko_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Maybe write something for all of them :gah: Hand them all in, and then ask the person in charge to pick one (or just label number them 1-3 and use a random number generator)
Seriously though, they all look amazing :yes:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (7)
11.67%
Yes - a food allergy (5)
8.33%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (3)
5%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (4)
6.67%
No (41)
68.33%

Watched Threads