The Student Room Group

I cant remember any of my notes!!! should I do them again

I have made quite a few notes (1 topic for each) on biology, chemistry and physics. But i cant remember what i wrote in any of them, so should i make notes on the same topics again, but this time I'll add them to flashcards, or should I add them on flashcards straight away?, but the main disadvantage of doing that is that i may not understand the content again!!!! what are your opinions of what I should do?
Why not try putting them on flashcards and hopefully things will come back to you, and if there is something weak/that you don't understand then you can go back to that specific topic and rewrite the notes.
forshore have flashcards and just keep on looking over your notes and your notes should be short and not that long so it will be easy to remeber everything
Reply 3
image-85db4fb2-b59b-450b-a319-fcfae2f92e0b7148382347280717794-compressed.jpg.jpeg here is an example of what my notes look like, is that ok?
writing notes is not effective try
this-read your notes and memorize them. After that on a separate paper write everything you remember.repeat this process till you remember everything
Reply 5
Original post by billionaire boy
writing notes is not effective try
this-read your notes and memorize them. After that on a separate paper write everything you remember.repeat this process till you remember everything

But I'm scared that I don't have the time to do that, as I haven't started revising yet, only small notes, and that process seems very time consuming
Original post by Azimbrook1
image-85db4fb2-b59b-450b-a319-fcfae2f92e0b7148382347280717794-compressed.jpg.jpeg here is an example of what my notes look like, is that ok?

that is good notes i did gcse last year and i used alot of notes and they were around the same size as yours so they are good and you should just keep on writing notes on everything you have learnt and then just read them after and make sure you take the notes to the exam so you see them before the exam
But I'm scared that I don't have the time to do that, as I haven't started revising yet, only small notes, and that process seems very time consuming

I would say that, straight after you learn the content from your notes, test your memory with some flash cards, and then do a practice paper or two. If you get something wrong, go back and learn those parts again. I can assure you that this process will allow you to retain the information in your long-term memory.

If you’re worried about how to remember your notes, I would not recommend memorising them as most exam questions involve application these days. Read the information a few times, write it down without looking, but don’t learn it word for word. You need to make sure you’ve actually understood it instead of regurgitating your notes.

Also, don’t worry about the time; you have around five months until GCSEs.
Reply 8
Using highlighters to highlight all the important parts that you need to remember works great!
Reply 9
Original post by fred2002
that is good notes i did gcse last year and i used alot of notes and they were around the same size as yours so they are good and you should just keep on writing notes on everything you have learnt and then just read them after and make sure you take the notes to the exam so you see them before the exam

But the problem is that if I take up a page per topic like the example above, my notes become the same size as the revision guide, isnt that too much?
But the problem is that if I take up a page per topic like the example above, my notes become the same size as the revision guide, isnt that too much?

not really but i am sure for some topics you can get a few on one side of double sided paper

Quick Reply

Latest