The Student Room Group

Is this the worst song to ever feature in a game?

How does stuff like this end up in a game? (Watch Dogs 2 in this case.)

(Skip to 1m 13s if you want to get to the special part.)

Honorable (infamous) mention:

I personally think that it matches good to watch dogs 2. Know songs which were even worse in another games. Whether a song in a game is featured badly or well is always a matter of the genre and game atmosphere in my view.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Kallisto
I personally think that it matches good to watch dogs 2. Know songs which were even worse in another games. Whether a song in a game is featured badly in a game or well is always a matter of the genre and game atmosphere in my view.

I don't know what game an out of tune pain to the ears can fit into.
Oh boy, I still get that Birthday Cake song stuck in my head some days. It haunts me, all these years later.

As for my pick, I'd say a recent contender would be the end credits song from Wolfenstein 2: The New Colossus. It's a really terrible cover of 'We're Not Gonna Take It' that just absolutely does not fit the tone of the game.

https://youtu.be/tRQ4fyw5zzM
I can't seem to find the name of it but in Final Fantasy XIII-2 there is this one metal song that plays when you go into battle (I think it was in the Bresha Ruins) that is just totally out of place. :tongue:
Original post by sinfonietta
I can't seem to find the name of it but in Final Fantasy XIII-2 there is this one metal song that plays when you go into battle (I think it was in the Bresha Ruins) that is just totally out of place. :tongue:

A metal song in a Final Fantasy game can't fit, never ever. Could it be it is this one?

[video="youtube;hEUOOgNzOv4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEUOOgNzOv4[/video]

Give you right what you said, if that is the song.
Spiderman pizza theme
Reply 7
GTA always has some bangers, but it always has some ****ing embarrassments as well.
:holmes: could be

The Birthday Cake song is awesome what are you talking about :biggrin:
Original post by gjd800
GTA always has some bangers, but it always has some ****ing embarrassments as well.

Tbf, most games like/similar to GTA are the same when it comes to music. It's bound to happen when you try to cater to a lot of different music tastes in all honesty. I mean, if you ask me, the quality of the 'bangers' has gone downhill in GTA. I'd put that down to taste rather than anything else in all honesty though. I mean, the further back you go, the easier it is to pick out the bangers because they're usually the only songs that have stood the test of time from that era.

Vice City was almost entirely bangers, aside from the talk shows I could stick pretty much any radio station on and it'd be something good. I wasn't too fond of Wildstyle, and I didn't listen to Espantoso much either but it wasn't bad by any means. I just preferred listening to the other stations. Obligatory shoutout to Love Fist :smile:
SA didn't have the same ring to it. I largely stuck to three or four stations IIRC, but it was alright in general.
GTA IV had a few decent ones, but I largely stuck to LRR.
GTA V same sort of story, stuck to one station, and even then, I wasn't too fond of the songs on it.
(edited 5 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by TheMcSame
Tbf, most games like/similar to GTA are the same when it comes to music. It's bound to happen when you try to cater to a lot of different music tastes in all honesty. I mean, if you ask me, the quality of the 'bangers' has gone downhill in GTA. I'd put that down to taste rather than anything else in all honesty though. I mean, the further back you go, the easier it is to pick out the bangers because they're usually the only songs that have stood the test of time from that era.

Vice City was almost entirely bangers, aside from the talk shows I could stick pretty much any radio station on and it'd be something good. I wasn't too fond of Wildstyle, and I didn't listen to Espantoso much either but it wasn't bad by any means. I just preferred listening to the other stations. Obligatory shoutout to Love Fist :smile:
SA didn't have the same ring to it. I largely stuck to three or four stations IIRC, but it was alright in general.
GTA IV had a few decent ones, but I largely stuck to LRR.
GTA V same sort of story, stuck to one station, and even then, I wasn't too fond of the songs on it.

Yep, largely fair. I thought the music in general on the last one was largely forgettable. I did like the track that OFF! did for the game, though.

Quick Reply

Latest