The Student Room Group

Dropping out

So I'm doing maths biology and physics and I hate my life. Maths is ok and I actually enjoy it but biology and physics makes me want to die. Its not particularly hard its just really bloody boring and uninteresting. I think I want to be an accountant and am thinking of doing a course at a college after sixth form. My question is that is it too late to drop out of sixth form and join a college? Or if it is, is it possible to drop my unwanted subjects and only study maths?
You want to change subjects so I assume you're in year 12? No it's not "too late" but you'll have a hell of a lot to catch up on. Maybe swap out of one the subjects for further maths if you like maths a lot it's definitely good for a maths degree related with finance or maybe even accounting. If you like one subject at least then don't drop out. You can't "only study maths" even with FM you need 1 more subject, maybe Economics/Business how ever it would be incredibly difficult to catch up in two subjects so idk if your sixth form will allow it. Nevertheless better to change to subjects you'll like than drop out. Also I must ask why do you feel biology/physics is boring? Is there a specific reason? Finally look at the courses that you want to swap to before you swap, simply check the exam boards specification/ the book or talk to the teachers at your school.
Yes, I am in year 12. My sixth form doesn't offer further maths or economics, but it does offer business. Biology and physics are boring because I don't find the content I am learning interesting. In lessons no information I learn makes the effort im putting in worth it. Also if I was to hypothetically drop out of sixth form, would I be able to start a level 2/3 accounting course late or would I have to wait until september to enroll?
Try self-study. It's fast, it's cheap, it's effective.
I've done it before.
Good luck and Happy New Year!

Quick Reply

Latest