School teacher harassed online by alt-right extremists after criticising Pewdiepie Watch

AngeryPenguin
Badges: 17
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Notnek)
Your post will make the uninitiated think that he's clearly an anti-semite but I don't think it's as clear cut as you're making out. Many people around the world find the idea of Nazis/Hitler funny and will make jokes about them. Until they start saying e.g. that Jews control the world, I don't consider these people anti-semitic. Otherwise I'd have to include people like Ricky Gervais and Frankie Boyle in this list but it's clear to me that they are anti-racism.

I've experienced plenty of anti-semtism in my life and so far Pewdiepie hasn't shown any signs of being one in my eyes. There's enough actual anti-semitism in the world for me to start caring about the jokes that Pewdiepie makes.
Look at who he follows on Twitter. Apparently he follows alt-right/far-right figures like Laura Southern, Ben Shapiro, Sam Hyde, Laci Green, Stefan Molynux, and the British guy with the medieval-sounding name.
Notnek
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Look at who he follows on Twitter. Apparently he follows alt-right/far-right figures like Laura Southern, Ben Shapiro, Sam Hyde, Laci Green, Stefan Molynux, and the British guy with the medieval-sounding name.
Being right wing is not the same thing as being an anti-semite/nazi.
yudothis
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Because the left never doxx people and make orchestrated efforts to get people fired for holding the "wrong" views?

Because everyone who isn't left is "alt-right"? Because Pewdiepie totally was racist and anti-semitic.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by AngeryPenguin)
Laci Green an alt right figure?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (109)
19.57%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (227)
40.75%
Nope, not that interesting (221)
39.68%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise