Lizzie1286
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all, I have been waiting some contact from swansea or usw, has anyone had anything yet? I know its early but its driving me nuts already!
Merry73
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Nothing here. My daughter applied for Swansea too. But better nothing than a rejection !
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got an invitation to interview at Swansea on the 4th and I applied in late November
Merry73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Well done. 4th Feb? Hopefully she'll hear next month then.
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Merry73)
Well done. 4th Feb? Hopefully she'll hear next month then.
I mean I received my invitation on the 4th Jan, so she shouldn't be waiting too long
Lizzie1286
Rep:
?
I had an interview invite for the 18th for swansea. Still nothing for USW yet. Good luck to your daughter x
Merry73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi Lizzie1286. When did you apply please? Good luck !
Lizzie1286
Rep:
?
I sent mine on the 28th of November, but I have seen other people online who have had rejections and interviews, and some with nothing, so no news is still good news x
andavies22
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi everyone. I have recently been invited to interview at Swansea Uni for midwifery. I am currently studying for an undergraduate degree at Swansea uni so I’m familiar with the staff and how lovely the uni is but I’m wondering whether anyone has already had an interview at Swansea for midwifery during this application cycle? I know they conduct group multiple mini interviews but if someone could tell me what those MMI’s entail and what to expect on the day really as I’m super nervous. Thank you in advance!
Last edited by andavies22; 1 year ago
Merry73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
It's funny how different the unis go about this. Swansea have sent email with nothing but the arrival time on (7th March) yet Manchester (6th) have sent links through Ucas choice with a full timetable for the day.
Merry73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Lizzie1286 how did you get on?
Jenvaugh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Does anyone have any tips for the Swansea interview please I’m so nervous
Lizzie1286
Rep:
?
I had my interview, it was a lovely day and the staff there were so welcoming! I don't feel that confident however, but I did my best so time will tell. Good luck to everyone waiting for interviews or responses. I have still not had anything from USW either way!
Jenvaugh
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lizzie1286)
I had my interview, it was a lovely day and the staff there were so welcoming! I don't feel that confident however, but I did my best so time will tell. Good luck to everyone waiting for interviews or responses. I have still not had anything from USW either way!
Thank you. I’ve not heard from USW either
Merry73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Daughter had her interview at Cardiff in form of MMIs if that's any use ? She has Swansea on 7th March and 3 others too. Cardiff said they would reply by end of March. Manchester say they'll reply within a week !
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Merry73)
Daughter had her interview at Cardiff in form of MMIs if that's any use ? She has Swansea on 7th March and 3 others too. Cardiff said they would reply by end of March. Manchester say they'll reply within a week !
After my interview at Manchester they gave me an offer the next day so it could be that soon! They’re really good for letting you know quickly
Swansea University Enquiries
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi all,

I've just done a bit of digging on this. The team handling midwifery applications have just confirmed with me that everyone being invited to interview should now have already been contacted. Final decisions based on interview should then come before mid-April at the latest.

Hope that puts some minds at ease!

Jamie
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Is anyone considering withdrawing from Swansea since they make the decisions so late?
Merry73
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
No. You dont need to confirm on UCAS until 2nd May. I wouldn't , just incase.
Bac17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Anyone heard back from USW post interview yet?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (49)
31.41%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.18%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.15%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
8.97%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.28%

Watched Threads