We need to stop Brexit Watch

the bear
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Plantagenet Crown)
Most of that 52% are in wheelchairs and use walking sticks, we can deal with them easily.
:kungfu::shakecane:
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Everything that forced Cameron to call a referendum will be double downed on if Brexit doesn't happen. The better long term solution is Brexit. Delay it or stop it - the issue isn't going to go away. Get Brexit over and done with and move on in politics
winterscoming
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
Everything that forced Cameron to call a referendum will be double downed on if Brexit doesn't happen. The better long term solution is Brexit. Delay it or stop it - the issue isn't going to go away. Get Brexit over and done with and move on in politics
This is only the 'first' stage, which is a withdrawal agreement. Once that agreement is signed, there's years and years left of even more bitter arguments about what the real trade deal looks like, and whether the transition period is extended to 2022 if it turns out that the deal is too complex, and whether the UK gets a Customs union, and how much of the single market it gets access to, or maybe a 'Norway' model, or a 'Canada' model, or another transition period, etc. If the deal is accepted, then nothing is over and done with, and nobody is moving on for a very very long time.
Notoriety
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
With Bercow in the chair, it won't be long before we announce we're staying in for a bit.
Jebedee
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Most of that 52% are in wheelchairs and use walking sticks, we can deal with them easily.
For someone who makes such logical posts in the religion forum. That's a pretty assinine comment.

Even if true. They have more skin in the game, young people have paid sweet fa into the system.
Plantagenet Crown
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Jebedee)
For someone who makes such logical posts in the religion forum. That's a pretty assinine comment.

Even if true. They have more skin in the game, young people have paid sweet fa into the system.
Lol, I was clearly being facetious and not 100% serious.
Last edited by Plantagenet Crown; 7 months ago
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Pleasantri)
As there will be riots and civil unrest. How can we go about reversing the decision?
So we should give up sovereignty because 'there might be terrorism'?

If remoaners want to commit terrorism then by all means let them show their true colours.

Democracy will prevail!
Jebedee
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Lol, I was clearly being facetious and not 100% serious.
This is 2019. The year of the Po.
DJKL
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by TommyDH)
So we should give up sovereignty because 'there might be terrorism'?

If remoaners want to commit terrorism then by all means let them show their true colours.

Democracy will prevail!
In the event of a No Deal I doubt it will be the Remain voters out in the street en masse, the areas worst impacted re closures and job losses will likely be those that more voted leave, it will likely be very disgruntled Leave voters feeling betrayed as they again lose their jobs etc, from areas never fully recovered from the 1980s

So what you will have is the affluent Remain vote saying, told you so, you would not listen, the affluent Leave vote hiding away, nothing to do with me guv, honest, and those promised sunny uplands, now very disappointed with the reality, being the ones out on the street.
Rock Fan
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
We are leaving simple as, just wish they would just get on with it, even a lot of the remainers I know have said this.
NickAlex12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by ByEeek)
Great idea. Let's just sack 14% of the population... and all the jobs they do. And instead we will give all those nurses and doctors jobs to the British working class who have no skills or work ethic. Unskilled lazy British people can do a much better job than highly skilled and motivated migrants.

Eejit!

BTW - have you had a genetic test? Can we trust that you don't have immigrant heritage? Because as a fully signed up Anglo Saxon, chances are your ancestors come from Germany. That is if your great great great.... great... great grand mother wasn't raped and pillaged by invading Gaelics or Vikings.
That is such a demeaning way to describe your own countrymen. British people aren’t lazy and migrants aren’t more motivated than we are. The reason why many working class Brits are losing out on jobs to migrants is because migrants are willing to sleep in tiny houseshares, often illegal ones, and live extremely frugally so they can send back money to their homeland where it goes a lot further. As a result, they would obviously be willing to work for less than a Brit who has their whole life here and shouldn’t have to sleep in a damp mattress with 10 other people in the same flat. That’s why British people don’t get these jobs, not because we can’t work as hard but because we want a good wage. This goes for unskilled and skilled jobs- migrants pull wages down.
Last edited by NickAlex12; 7 months ago
TommyDH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Great idea. Let's just sack 14% of the population... and all the jobs they do. And instead we will give all those nurses and doctors jobs to the British working class who have no skills or work ethic. Unskilled lazy British people can do a much better job than highly skilled and motivated migrants.

Eejit!

BTW - have you had a genetic test? Can we trust that you don't have immigrant heritage? Because as a fully signed up Anglo Saxon, chances are your ancestors come from Germany. That is if your great great great.... great... great grand mother wasn't raped and pillaged by invading Gaelics or Vikings.
So you're a racist as well as a sexist, interesting.
Burton Bridge
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Wow there really are some brain washed members on here
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by NickAlex12)
not because we can’t work as hard but because we want a good wage. This goes for unskilled and skilled jobs- migrants pull wages down.
Totally agreed. So are you personally prepared to pay significantly more for your food and products so that the companies that supply those products can pay good wages?

The economics of goods in this country sadly suggests that if you answer yes, you have a lot of persuading to do because for most people price is everything. I find it all rather sad that per pint of milk, I pay less now than I did in 1995. Would I pay more given a choice? Probably not. And I am not alone.
NickAlex12
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Totally agreed. So are you personally prepared to pay significantly more for your food and products so that the companies that supply those products can pay good wages?

The economics of goods in this country sadly suggests that if you answer yes, you have a lot of persuading to do because for most people price is everything. I find it all rather sad that per pint of milk, I pay less now than I did in 1995. Would I pay more given a choice? Probably not. And I am not alone.
Yes of course, if it ensures that British people get a better, livable wage.
Last edited by NickAlex12; 7 months ago
Solicon
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Shut up. Were you even old enough to vote? "Social media" politics is rife - you need to follow outcome of the referendum.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by NickAlex12)
Yes of course, if it ensures that British people get a better, livable wage.
So you buy all your food from the local butchers and grocers and those stock items presumably get bought from Waitrose which sources most of its food ethically paying a fair price?

Good for you!

Now you just need to convince the rest of the country to join you. Fernley-Witingstall ran a campaign against factory farmed chicken and lambasted Tesco's two chickens for £5 offer at the time. Since then Lidl and Aldi have taken hold and chicken is even cheaper. Believe me, they are not paying British workers fair wages to supply Aldi with large chickens they can sell for £4.29 each. But I have a family to feed and we like chicken dinners.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
So you buy all your food from the local butchers and grocers and those stock items presumably get bought from Waitrose which sources most of its food ethically paying a fair price?

Good for you!

Now you just need to convince the rest of the country to join you. Fernley-Witingstall ran a campaign against factory farmed chicken and lambasted Tesco's two chickens for £5 offer at the time. Since then Lidl and Aldi have taken hold and chicken is even cheaper. Believe me, they are not paying British workers fair wages to supply Aldi with large chickens they can sell for £4.29 each. But I have a family to feed and we like chicken dinners.
Most of the cheap food in Aldi and Lidl comes in from E. Europe - with a slumping pound and tariffs, they are going to find it harder to succeed with that particular trick. One small silver lining in a very large and very dark cloud.
ByEeek
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Fullofsurprises)
Most of the cheap food in Aldi and Lidl comes in from E. Europe - with a slumping pound and tariffs, they are going to find it harder to succeed with that particular trick. One small silver lining in a very large and very dark cloud.
Yes - I had heard that. Not sure how British producers are going to compete though. Farmers are really struggling to recruit labour at the moment and whilst supermarkets are always going to force the lowest price, the idea that they can entice workers with better wages is going to happen in a global commodity based industry.
Fullofsurprises
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Yes - I had heard that. Not sure how British producers are going to compete though. Farmers are really struggling to recruit labour at the moment and whilst supermarkets are always going to force the lowest price, the idea that they can entice workers with better wages is going to happen in a global commodity based industry.
Just one of the many mysteries that Brexiteers refuse to tell us - how will we replace the 80,000 seasonal workers from E. Europe who pick our fruit and vegetables? Answer is there none from Michael Gove, who has been going around farmers meetings recently telling them everything will be fine, but with no specifics.

I wish we had a government with the guts to tell the British people that Brexit was a mistake and can never work in our interests. They know this, so their only recourse is to lie, lie, lie.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (214)
12.56%
Excited (156)
9.15%
Worried (306)
17.96%
Terrified (379)
22.24%
Meh (165)
9.68%
Confused (37)
2.17%