shum1614
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
can someone tell me whether my answer to this question is correct -

Describe the family dysfunction explanation for schizophrenia and explain how
Jack’s experiences can be linked to the family dysfunction explanation.
[8 marks]

The fact that jack could never talk to his mum shows a symptom of schizophrenia, that fact that he displays lack of speech. The idea of pleasing her, shows that he does want to make progress but due to the mother showing the attributes of a schizophrenogenic mother , which has the characteristics cold , and controlling as she fussed over him. Family dysfunction shows poor communication and not able to interact clearly with the schizophrenic. The negative emotional climax is also apparent as the idea of being fussed over him all the time but negatively will have a detrimental impact and the symptoms of schizophrenia worsen due to his high level of sensitivity. Lastly the double blind theory proposed by Bateson , suggest that there are contradicting messages , resulting in withdrawal and incorrect interpretations of the world. As represented by the mother as one minute she would appear to be affectionate and the next minute she would appear to be nasty, this creates contradicting thoughts for jack and because of this creates malfunction in executive functioning resulting in delusions that her mother is conspiring against her. The fact that his father is passive suggests there is an element of marital schism , where the father has a poor relationship with the mother and cannot fulfil the role of a father by showing co-operativity.
nintysixthousand
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
im not 100 percent sure but i think the marks are broken down into 4 for description, 2 for application and 2 for evaluation. What youve written is good but you should change the structure to make it clearer. Describe the family dysfunction theory in a sentence.
then a sentence about one of jacks symptoms and a sentence describing how that relates to the family dysfunction theory. then repeat that for another 2 marks.
then you need to evaluate the family dysfunction theory for the last two marks, so just write two simple evaluation points.
hope that helps!

*for example*
the family dysfunction theory believes that...
one of jacks symptoms is...
the family dysfunction theory would explain this with the idea of...
one strength of the family dysfunction theory is...
Afterlife?
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by nintysixthousand)
im not 100 percent sure but i think the marks are broken down into 4 for description, 2 for application and 2 for evaluation. What youve written is good but you should change the structure to make it clearer. Describe the family dysfunction theory in a sentence.
then a sentence about one of jacks symptoms and a sentence describing how that relates to the family dysfunction theory. then repeat that for another 2 marks.
then you need to evaluate the family dysfunction theory for the last two marks, so just write two simple evaluation points.
hope that helps!

*for example*
the family dysfunction theory believes that...
one of jacks symptoms is...
the family dysfunction theory would explain this with the idea of...
one strength of the family dysfunction theory is...
It’s actually AO1 4 + AO2 4

Structure should prolly be similar to what you said so I would go for

AO1 point
AO2 application of point
AO1
AO2
Etc
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many universities have you heard back from?

0 (76)
15.11%
1 (69)
13.72%
2 (65)
12.92%
20.48%
20.28%
5 (88)
17.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise