The Student Room Group

Migrant worker termly evidence? Self employment and two month break?

Hello,
So I'm in a bit of a situation. As far as i know , since i applied as a child of a migrant worker, I would be asked for work evidence every term? I was already asked for it in September so when is the next time I'll be asked for it?

So here's the thing, my dad, who is self employed, is taking a break to go somewhere for two months from january to march and I was worried if it would affect my loans. I get both tuition fee loan and maintainance and if I can't provide the termly evidence, do I stop getting just the maintainance loan? I am a EU student as well so even if i stop getting the maintainance loan, shouldn't I still get the tuition fee paid??

Even if now I'm considered as a child of a migrant worker, am I not also a EU student so sholdn't I automatically still be getting tuition loan? Or do I have to re-apply as a eu student only or something????

I'm so full of anxiety right now, why does my dad need to stop working for two months even though he is self employed?? Any advice is appreciated.
(edited 5 years ago)
Original post by amiika xx
Hello,
So I'm in a bit of a situation. As far as i know , since i applied as a child of a migrant worker, I would be asked for work evidence every term? I was already asked for it in September so when is the next time I'll be asked for it?

So here's the thing, my dad, who is self employed, is taking a break to go somewhere for two months from january to march and I was worried if it would affect my loans. I get both tuition fee loan and maintainance and if I can't provide the termly evidence, do I stop getting just the maintainance loan? I am a EU student as well so even if i stop getting the maintainance loan, shouldn't I still get the tuition fee paid??

Even if now I'm considered as a child of a migrant worker, am I not also a EU student so sholdn't I automatically still be getting tuition loan? Or do I have to re-apply as a eu student only or something????

I'm so full of anxiety right now, why does my dad need to stop working for two months even though he is self employed?? Any advice is appreciated.

Hi,

Your Tuition Fee Loan will not be affected, but your Maintenance Loan will. To receive payment, we need to see that your father is in continuous employment. You must notify us of the change officially. You can message us privately via Facebook or Twitter and we will let the Migrant Worker Team know.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest