sophboddyy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
These may sound stupid questions but where are the interviews and cbat tests done and how long the whole process takes to get to basic training at halton. I’m looking at joining as wsop but have been told going in at a young age could make this harder? is this true.
Any replies are greatly appreciated, Thanks.
Drewski
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sophboddyy)
These may sound stupid questions but where are the interviews and cbat tests done and how long the whole process takes to get to basic training at halton. I’m looking at joining as wsop but have been told going in at a young age could make this harder? is this true.
For WSOp there'll be a mix of your local AFCO and RAFC Cranwell for both.

It can take 6 months to a year.

Sometimes, yes.
sophboddyy
Rep:
?
Okay thankyou!
RAF_Adam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by sophboddyy)
Hi

This will all depend on which role you're looking to apply for, but for WSOP you'll have your initial presentation and interview at your local AFCO, then the CBAT will be taken at RAF Cranwell before you'll then go back there for your Officer and Aircrew Selection process (Interviews, Fitness Tests, Leadership exercises etc.)

It's not your age, but life experience and maturity that OASC will look at. If you're applying for WSOp or an Officer role you're going to enter service at a higher rank than others and will be expected to show maturity and leadership qualities etc. Leadership and teamwork experience will be if benefit to you and being able to display examples etc.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
sophboddyy
Rep:
?
Okay thanks a lot, i’m an air cadet so that helps me a lot.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (417)
56.5%
I don't have everything I need (321)
43.5%

Watched Threads