Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,

I am taking my GCSE's in June 2019. However, this forum is for people taking their GCSE's in a couple of years. This is really for Y9 and Y10's or even Y11's who have not revised already for their GCSE's. It is a big step from Y10 to Y11. You'll be in situations where it is very hard and stressful such going to extra revision session to achieve the best grades possible and mocks coming in thick and fast. I am here to help you for Y11 and how to revise if you already don't know how to revise. Bare in mind these are the ones I take in school. Some will be helpful to you but other subjects will not.

AQA English Language & Literature:

There is not really ways to revise for English Language other than practicing past papers and watching Youtube revision clips. For English Literature there are many ways of revising for this topic such as memorising quotes, past papers and listening to songs that helps you remember quotes.

Use the AQA Exam board for specimen papers or past papers.

I strongly suggest that you revise on YouTube.

Here are some YouTubers:

Mr Bruff - Very good at English Literature
Mr Salles Teaches English - Very good at English Language

Mr Bruff: He is an outstanding teacher many people use him as last minute catch up. He has many songs to make you memorise the top quotes which will give you very high grades for English Literature. In Language he goes into many ways you can tackle a question.

Mr Salles Teaches English: Another outstanding teacher. From the June 2018 Exams he has made average students moving 2/3 grades higher (same as Mr Bruff). Mr Salles goes into a lot of detail to get the top marks in both Language and Literature.

I believe that you should use both frequently to get the top grades.

Edexcel Maths Higher:

I absolutely love Maths as I have a teacher who explains things in detail. There are some many ways of revising Maths such as revision clips, predicted papers and so much more.

Useful Website:
MathsWatch (Plug the gaps, revision clips and exam style questions)
Maths Genie (Practice papers, Past Papers, predicted papers, revision clips)
OnMaths (Grade 9 questions, predicted papers)
MixMaths (At least 10 papers for Edexcel and around 7 for both OCR and AQA)
JustMaths
Maths4everyone
Mr Carter Maths
Corbett Maths (Predicted papers and plug gaps in your knowledge)
Wright Maths (Goes through Past Papers on MathsGenie)
Edexcel (Practive and Exam Papers)

I use MathsWatch for revision and Mixmaths, MathsGenie for past papers. I also use OnMaths as they make predicted papers. I use Corbett Maths to correct my mistakes

Using at least three of these websites you will find Maths so easy.

Tips in the exams:

Draw a sketch (When it is necessary)
Draw the cheats triangle (Speed = Distance/Time)
Read the question 2/3 times
Underline the keywords
Understand words such as Estimate, Solve, Work out etc.

AQA Combined Science Trilogy:

Science maybe long and tough for many people. I think the easy way of learning this topic is by Youtube.

Useful Youtubers:

FreeScienceLessons
Science and Maths with Primrose Kitten
MyGCSEScience
AQA (Specimen Papers)

I always use FreeScience lessons as if I am his student and I find it very easy. I also use Primrose Kitten to help with revision techniques in Science and go through all the required practicals. MyGCSEScience is popular however I do not use this YouTuber.

AQA History:

Use GCSEPod and buy revison guides on the topics you revise in History. I suggest that you also revise on Simple History.

Edexcel Business: I have no way of revsing this subject other than remembering the formulas and using Edexcel for specimen papers.

AQA Photography: Cannot help you here. Sorry.

AQA RE: Use AQA website for the specimen papers.

I hope that I have helped you. I wish you good luck in your GCSE's whenever you take them. I hope I do really well. So, Good Luck. Remember if this is not you exam board then do not read it. E.g. If you take AQA Maths then you do not need to read Edexcel Maths.
Last edited by Pro Gamer 2003; 1 year ago
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Pro Gamer 2003)
Hello,

I am taking my GCSE's in June 2019. However, this forum is for people taking their GCSE's in a couple of years. This is really for Y9 and Y10's or even Y11's who have not revised already for their GCSE's. It is a big step from Y10 to Y11. You'll be in situations where it is very hard and stressful such going to extra revision session to achieve the best grades possible and mocks coming in thick and fast. I am here to help you for Y11 and how to revise if you already don't know how to revise. Bare in mind these are the ones I take in school. Some will be helpful to you but other subjects will not.

There is not really ways to revise for English Language other than practicing past papers and watching Youtube revision clips. For English Literature there are many ways of revising for this topic such as memorising quotes, past papers and listening to songs that helps you remember quotes.

Here are some YouTubers:

Mr Bruff: He is an outstanding teacher many people use him as last minute catch up. He has many songs to make you memorise the top quotes which will give you very high grades for English Literature. In Language he goes into many ways you can tackle a question.

Mr Salles Teaches English: Another outstanding teacher. From the June 2018 Exams he has made average students moving 2/3 grades higher (same as Mr Bruff). Mr Salles goes into a lot of detail to get the top marks in both Language and Literature.

Edexcel Maths Higher:

I absolutely love Maths as I have a teacher who explains things in detail. There are some many ways of revising Maths such as revision clips, predicted papers and so much more.

Useful Website:
JustMaths
Maths4everyone
Mr Carter Maths

I use MathsWatch for revision and Mixmaths, MathsGenie for past papers. I also use OnMaths as they make predicted papers. I use Corbett Maths to correct my mistakes

Tips in the exams:

Underline the keywords

Science maybe long and tough for many people. I think the easy way of learning this topic is by Youtube.

Useful Youtubers:

FreeScienceLessons
MyGCSEScience
AQA (Specimen Papers)

I always use FreeScience lessons as if I am his student and I find it very easy. I also use Primrose Kitten to help with revision techniques in Science and go through all the required practicals. MyGCSEScience is popular however I do not use this YouTuber.

AQA History:

Use GCSEPod and buy revison guides on the topics you revise in History. I suggest that you also revise on Simple History.

Edexcel Business: I have no way of revsing this subject other than remembering the formulas and using Edexcel for specimen papers.

I hope that I have helped you. I wish you good luck in your GCSE's whenever you take them. I hope I do really well. So, Good Luck. Remember if this is not you exam board then do not read it. E.g. If you take AQA Maths then you do not need to read Edexcel Maths.
https://www.mixmaths.com/
Myrtey
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Current year 13 here and lol mr bruff was why i didnt completely flop English 😂

My advice to all of you doing your GCSEs at some point in the future is that I cannot stress enough how much past papers will help you. A great deal of your GCSEs is just learning what your marks scheme wants from you.

Past papers are also good if you need to practice exams timings. Maybe see if you're eligible for extra time as well.

Secondly, less related to GCSEs, but take time to think about your outside of school hobbies etc. You will NOT have time once you start A levels and looking back, I wish I had done more things that I can put on my UCAS personal statement lol.

But yeah, good luck everyone and don't put off your revision haha
Obolinda
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thanks
taranmistry
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm stuck. I'm doing foundation for everything but I want to do a levels what do I do
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by taranmistry)
I'm stuck. I'm doing foundation for everything but I want to do a levels what do I do
Past papers look at my help guide.
manav28
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
https://www.youtube.com/Hegartymaths

THE BEST!!!!!!!
anon34443
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Primrose Kitten for science when ur lazy she does AQA and Edexcel
Sam snake
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I wish I could say it gets easier after GCSE’s 😂
(Original post by Pro Gamer 2003)
Hello,

Here are some YouTubers:

Edexcel Maths Higher:

Useful Website:
JustMaths
Maths4everyone
Mr Carter Maths

Tips in the exams:

Underline the keywords

Useful Youtubers:

FreeScienceLessons
MyGCSEScience
AQA (Specimen Papers)

AQA History:

Emily Miller
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Guys revise NOW!!
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Use seneca for content that you do not know.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
You can also use cognito for science as well. Great resources.
LXXV
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HELLO. I'm currently a year 10 student and I'm really curious to know about what came up in ENG LIT paper 2 for :- An Inspector Calls, Poetry (Love and Relationship) and two unseen poems. If you could kindly tell me it will be very much appreciated. THANK YOU.
username4598672
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in year 9 but very ambitious, this looks like a thread to watch!
username4745258
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm a Year 9- this is looking good.
Consolidate info early, make good notes etc. Good luck everyone! ❤🦄🥀🌹
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by maths_is_life)
HELLO. I'm currently a year 10 student and I'm really curious to know about what came up in ENG LIT paper 2 for :- An Inspector Calls, Poetry (Love and Relationship) and two unseen poems. If you could kindly tell me it will be very much appreciated. THANK YOU.
An inspector Calls: Character Shiela and Theme I cannot remember.
I don’t do Love and Relationship but I think Winter Swans came.
Cannot remember the unseen poem sorry
b987535
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
my favourite youtuber is ali a.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What do you want most from university virtual open days and online events?

I want to be able to watch in my own time rather than turn up live (187)
29.13%
I want to hear more about the specifics of the course (106)
16.51%
I want to be able to dip in and dip out of lots of different sessions (58)
9.03%
I want to meet current students (54)
8.41%
I want to meet academics and the people that will be teaching me (51)
7.94%
I want to have a taster lecture or workshop to see what the teaching is like (128)
19.94%
My parents/guardians are more interested than me to be honest (38)
5.92%
Other things – I'll tell you in the thread (20)
3.12%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed