Getting ALL 9s at GCSE Watch

all9_GCSE
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I want to share my tips on how I got all 9s in my GCSEs.

Starting revision early
- most people start during the easter holidays, I started late February. A few more weeks of revision will build your confidence and mean that when exam season comes around, you will not need to spend late nights revising. Rather you will be able to fully recharge and be in the right state of mind early.

Focus Your Revision
- investing time into aspects you struggle to understand rather doing what you like and find easy. Seek discomfort, when revising.

For more tips and my notesa and my exam scripts
google:
"dream believe achieve naman"
aliceaquaspirit
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
do you have any tips for getting a 9 in English in particular? I am already expected an 8 and got v good in my mocks but I really really want to do well and get a 9 and it would mean a lot
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
I'mComingOxford
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
what exam board are the note on the web for science
sqrt of 5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
have you got anything about chemistry AQA? Or chemistry in general
Last edited by sqrt of 5; 1 month ago
J843126028
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do I make flashcards more efficiently? I've been spending a long time putting glitter on them but unfortunately the derivative of my grades in my practice exams with respect to time appears not to be positive. Should I write some things on them as well? For example, I need to memorise the formula for area of a rectangle given the height and the base, but it just won't stick in my head. I've tried making it into a limerick but I can never remember it.

I've watched the UnJaded Jade video on how to make flashcards twelve times now, but that hasn't helped my grades go up. If I spend a few hours on your website looking at your GCSE results slip will it help me?
Last edited by J843126028; 1 month ago
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
(Original post by aliceaquaspirit)
do you have any tips for getting a 9 in English in particular? I am already expected an 8 and got v good in my mocks but I really really want to do well and get a 9 and it would mean a lot
For English, the best practise for me was writing practise essays on potential essay titles for your exams. For your shakespeare texts: write essays based on either characters or themes (which haven't already come up in exams). For the poetry section, work on analysing on the spot or memorising 5 of your best analyses.

For English Language, writing some pieces of fiction or non-fiction based on previous titles in past papers is useful practise.

Check out my website, where I have uploaded english language and literature papers from my exams.
Just google "dream believe achieve naman"
and click on the "howtoget9s.com" button and go to the english page.
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
(Original post by I'mComingOxford)
what exam board are the note on the web for science
OCR
but the content is generally similar for all exam boards.
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
(Original post by sqrt of 5)
have you got anything about chemistry AQA? Or chemistry in general
I have chemistry for OCR but during my revision I did AQA past papers and the content was extremely similar.

Once again check my revision website.
Google "dream believe achieve naman"
All notes are published there.
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
(Original post by J843126028)
How do I make flashcards more efficiently? I've been spending a long time putting glitter on them but unfortunately the derivative of my grades in my practice exams with respect to time appears not to be positive. Should I write some things on them as well? For example, I need to memorise the formula for area of a rectangle given the height and the base, but it just won't stick in my head. I've tried making it into a limerick but I can never remember it.

I've watched the UnJaded Jade video on how to make flashcards twelve times now, but that hasn't helped my grades go up. If I spend a few hours on your website looking at your GCSE results slip will it help me?
It won't help you but it will prove to you that actions speak louder than words.
I recommed spending hours on my website. Provides me with the ad money to expand this iniative.
Or
You could go please yourself with Unjaded Jade.
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by all9_GCSE)
I have chemistry for OCR but during my revision I did AQA past papers and the content was extremely similar.

Once again check my revision website.
Google "dream believe achieve naman"
All notes are published there.
The chemistry section is blank :\
aliceaquaspirit
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
For English, the best practise for me was writing practise essays on potential essay titles for your exams. For your shakespeare texts: write essays based on either characters or themes (which haven't already come up in exams). For the poetry section, work on analysing on the spot or memorising 5 of your best analyses.

For English Language, writing some pieces of fiction or non-fiction based on previous titles in past papers is useful practise.

Check out my website, where I have uploaded english language and literature papers from my exams.
Just google "dream believe achieve naman"
and click on the "howtoget9s.com" button and go to the english page.
thank you so much !!xxx
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by J843126028)

mate, if flashcards are useless then try something else! Watching Jades' videos or spending a whole evening on her website won't make the difference. There are different ways to learn stuff! Flashcards are not the only thing. You seem to be one of those students who want everything ready (just assuming). She used HER METHODS to get all 9s however, it doesn't mean that her method will fit into YOUR methods! (iykwim)

You need to be able to find something that works for you. You could visit her website and find something useful or not. If you are willing to pay go ahead but her flashcards won't guarantee all 9s
Last edited by sqrt of 5; 1 month ago
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
The chemistry section is blank :\
Sorry about this. Having some bandwidth issues. C1 is up and the rest should be up within the hour.
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Sorry about this. Having some bandwidth issues. C1 is up and the rest should be up within the hour.
Thank you! Can I ask you how did you deal with the calculation questions? For example bond energy/moles/concentration etc
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
Thank you! Can I ask you how did you deal with the calculation questions? For example bond energy/moles/concentration etc
First and foremost, understand how your equations work and then memorise them. Second of all, adopt a clear and systematic layout. For each chemical involved, label what you already know about the quesion and then based on what you know. Make sure your units match the units required in the equation. Try this with some practise questions and keep me informed.
LOLOLOLOL6867
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How do i get all 9s in GCSE. I am currently at Grade 4/5 for all my subjects.Please give me detailed and clear and concise tips.Please give me a good way to memorise content effectivelyPlease give me links to ALL the websites that you have used to get a 9 in every subject that i am doingPlease give me Links to any Past Paper that you have/madeI am doing:AQA GCSE ENGLISH LANGUAGEAQA GCSE ENGLISH LITERATUREEDEXCEL GCSE MATHS EDEXCEL GCSE PHYSICS EDEXCEL GCSE CHEMISTRY EDEXCEL GCSE BIOLOGYAQA GCSE GEOGRAPHYEDEXCEL GCSE BUSINESSWJEC EDUQAS RELIGOUS EDUCATION (RE)
sqrt of 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
First and foremost, understand how your equations work and then memorise them. Second of all, adopt a clear and systematic layout. For each chemical involved, label what you already know about the quesion and then based on what you know. Make sure your units match the units required in the equation. Try this with some practise questions and keep me informed.
I will definitely try this new method this afternoon! Thank you
PRSOM
s.m999
Report 1 month ago
Hello. I've got a few questions if you don't mind.
1) What did you get in your year 11 December/ January mocks?
2) When did you start revising?
3) How many hours a day did you revise on weekdays and weekends? (Do you have a copy of your revision timetable?)

Thanks.
all9_GCSE
Rep:
?
(Original post by s.m999)
Hello. I've got a few questions if you don't mind.
1) What did you get in your year 11 December/ January mocks?
2) When did you start revising?
3) How many hours a day did you revise on weekdays and weekends? (Do you have a copy of your revision timetable?)

Thanks.
1) I got 8s in English Language and Literature, 6 in Religious Studies, 9s in everything else.
2) I started revising late feburary before some of my teachers had even finished the syllabus.
3) During half terms, I did around 5 hours a day of which I got 4 hours in before 1'o clock. Morning is optimum revision time.
I will upload a copy of my revision table on my website.
This can be found by googling " dream believe achieve naman"
ThunderBeard
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by aliceaquaspirit)
I'm not an expert but probably I plan on rereading the texts and making notes on characters and themes for lit lot and just practise for lang
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Humanities; Department of Drama, Theatre and Performance; Department of Social Sciences; Department of English and Creative Writing Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Keele University
    Postgraduate Open Afternoon Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19
  • Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Feb '19

Do unconditional offers make teenagers lazy?

Yes (145)
58.7%
No (102)
41.3%

Watched Threads