Joyful With an N
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hello my fellow programmers , Tech Enthusiasts or those who ended up in this course because they had no other option xD

During my GCSEs, for Computer Science, there was literally only 2 resources imo that were good enough for the course:

CraignDave (Not surprisingly)
&
TeachICT

Tbh, this was pretty much all I needed although what I can certainly say from experience, is that I was absolutely was not ready for what came in the Paper 2 exam - there were all these code type of things which I had no clue what they meant. The only part of that test I found bearable was the psuedocode and adding the binary from what I can remember.
Even after a Godawful Paper 2, I still came out with a 7, this was certainly because of Paper 1 which saved my ass as I pretty much knew the theory inside out.

Now that I'm doing A Level OCR Computer Science, it's pretty much GCSE Computer Science but with a bit more theory needed. However, you'll have to take on a whole new experience with the programming & binary part of the course (Component 2 I think), but those who have an interest for the subject will get used to it.

Even now, I still use my notes for A Levels when moving onto a new topic as the first part of it is usually just what we learnt at GCSE.

For that reason, I have decided to share my notes in the hope that they'll help those of you who are struggling with Computer Science or for those of you who just need a concise and precise revision source that includes everything (I hope).

Btw, my notes are pretty colorful as I hate a very dull revision source and it's layered nicely in bullet points.

Please do use this for revision but not as your primary bulk of learning for theory - I can't guarantee everything's included. My notes were mainly from TeachICT and a bit of CraignDave (from what I can remember)

I hope this has helped and if possible, share this with your peers

If you've got any questions, just ask
Attached files
Last edited by Joyful With an N; 1 year ago
The Learn Ranger
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Moving this post to a more relevant forum for you

Thanks for posting. Great notes - really helpful.
Joyful With an N
Rep:
?
(Original post by The Learn Ranger)
Moving this post to a more relevant forum for you

Thanks for posting. Great notes - really helpful.
Thanks for your action of moving it to a relevant forum - Even though I've been a lurker for quite a while, I don't know absolutely anything on how to actually post things properly
username4182454
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How much would you rate Computer Science Tutor on youtube?
mad.iina
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
thanks, I was actually doubting putting down computer science as one of my A-level options but your experience has made me feel confident about it again
Joyful With an N
Rep:
?
(Original post by A.ahmzz2k03)
How much would you rate Computer Science Tutor on youtube?
I think I'd rate him a 7/10 - don't take my word for it tho.
During my GCSE, I knew he existed and the videos he has made are quite detailed (if I remember correctly) so I'm sure those who watch him will definitely learn the computer science course very well.

The thing is, I didn't actually watch him because I found him a bit too late to fit in my revision so I didn't bother.

Overall, if you learn the bulk of Computer Science from your teacher & computer science tutor, plus use craigndave & my notes (or TeachICT) to establish your knowledge, I can certainly say you'll be able to get a grade 6/7.

From my experience of A level so far, having 2 or more revision sources is the way to go - you'll learn the info again, but in a different perspective each time thus easier to retain info and you might understand one person better than the other for certain topics etc.
rum03
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm doing comp science gcse with a really crappy teacher and omg THANK YOU SO MUCH I needed something like this so badly omg thank youuuuuuuuuuu
Jhpalmer43
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
omg same, my teacher solely relies on craigndave, i would really recommend the seneca page if anyone is struggling
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (54)
16.98%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (91)
28.62%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (119)
37.42%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (43)
13.52%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise