Need help telling my BEST friends I like him more than a friend Watch

krevans
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Me and my BEST friend met 2 yrs ago and I knew there was something special about him and the more I got to know him the more we became better friends and I began to fall for him more and more every day (the only problem is we go to separate schools but its still in the same city.) And we talk a lot when I'm not grounded and we will text for hours and I've told him before I liked him but he was going through a break-up and was starting to like someone else but now he told me he doesn't like anyone right now when we were talking. Is it the right time to tell him I like him and how I feel about him again? And what should I say..?
Last edited by krevans; 1 month ago
mikky46
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, this is not the right time! He's just broken up with someone (was it a gf or another guy?). You've been a best friend to him for a couple of years, and that's what he needs right now - you standing by him as a friend. not as a new bf. Once he gets over the break-up, he'll hopefully recognise what a good friend you've been and respond as you hope, or you will be able to tell him exactly how you feel. But that's in the future - you'll have to gauge when! Right now, be there for him as a friend, but give him space.
kurro
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
As he has just broken up I don't think you should tell him.

Wait a little, until he feels better.

Then just be straightforward with him, don't beat around the bush.
Yes or no answer.

Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Is the plastic tax enough to protect the environment?

Yes (13)
5.58%
No (220)
94.42%

Watched Threads