The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London

University of Greenwich 2019/20 Applicants Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Nimrashahid
I'm an international student and coming this September for extended biomedical science course, so I wanted to know how many hours I can work part-time while studying this course?

Hi @Nimrashahid,

Congratulations! We look forward to welcoming you in September.

If you are a Tier 4 (General) student sponsored by a higher education institution (HEI) or by an overseas HEI to study a full-time course you are permitted to work:
20 hours a week if you are studying at degree level or above at a higher education institution (HEI)
20 hours a week if you are on a study abroad programme at an "overseas higher education institution" in the UK
10 hours a week if you are studying a course that is below degree level at an HEI
10 hours a week if you have immigration permission as a Tier 4 (Child) Student and you are at least 16 years old.

Always check what the sticker in your passport or your biometric residence permit (BRP) says and make sure that you do not work more hours a week than it allows. It should specify whether you are allowed to work 10 hours or 20 hours a week in term time. It will say if you are not allowed to work.

You should not work more than the maximum number of hours (20 or 10) in any one week in term time, even if you sometimes work under the maximum number of hours a week in other weeks.

You can work full time during vacation periods, before your course starts and after your course has ended.

If you need any more info please contact our International Office on [email protected]

Hope that helps :smile:

Tara
On campus at University of Greenwich
University of Greenwich
London
Reply 61
Hi, I've received an offer to study full - time biomedical science, though I'm quite in a bit of confusion for how the course is structured. I also want to ask is there a need to attend to the open day, are you able to familiarize yourself in freshers day?
Hey! Greenwich is my insurance choice. I will probably study here though. I will be studying media and communications however I can’t see many media students. Is there anyone who is going to study media??? I’m scared that I might not be making the right choice...
Hi @_kaito_

Here is the link to our website where you can find information about the course content for biomedical science and the modules that you will study in each year. If you have any further questions you will also be able to find details for the course leader to whom you can ask more specific questions about the course.

The open days are designed for you to be able to come and have a look around the campus and speak to academics from the different departments and get any questions answered. However, you will also have a Welcome week before lectures start when you will have the chance to familiarise yourself with the campus and meet the tutors on your course.

Let me know if you have any further questions :smile:

Chandni
Original post by _kaito_
Hi, I've received an offer to study full - time biomedical science, though I'm quite in a bit of confusion for how the course is structured. I also want to ask is there a need to attend to the open day, are you able to familiarize yourself in freshers day?
Original post by ugnyte888
Hey! Greenwich is my insurance choice. I will probably study here though. I will be studying media and communications however I can’t see many media students. Is there anyone who is going to study media??? I’m scared that I might not be making the right choice...

Hi! I’ve also picked Greenwich as my insurance choice for Media and Communication and will probably end up here! Yeah I’m also thinking the same..but I’m glad I’m not alone :smile:) What is your firm choice though?
My firn choice is Goldsmiths and they asked for high scores in the state exams so I don’t think I can handle it 😂although at first I thought I can but at the end of school year I’m too exhausted 🤯 what about you? Why Greenwich isn’t your firm one?
Haha same to me 😂 Bc I got offer to UAL and that uni is all about arts and media and it’s quite a good university so I’ll give it a try..but I saw that media studies ratings in Greenwich are getting higher every year so that’s great
Exactly! I have to say, uni seems to be amazing after all. I had and idea about UAL but I didn’t apply. I kinda regret not applying 🤷🏻*♀️ anyways I’m really excited. And if things go well I hope to see you on Campus or even in lectures 😊
Me too! It would be very nice to know someone on campus😁Good luck with the exams☺️
Reply 69
Hi there, I've applied for Biomedical Science Bsc Hons, it says it is based in Medway Campus but when I click to go on to that page, it doesn't allow me to. Is the course based in a different campus? Please let me know.

This is where it shows the information: https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/engsci/biomedical-science-bsc-hons
Original post by Nimrashahid
I'm an international student and coming this September for extended biomedical science course, so I wanted to know how many hours I can work part-time while studying this course?

Oooh what country are you coming from?
Greenwich is my insurance, but I may end up here if I attain BBB or 120 UCAS points. My course is Accounting and Finance :smile:
Original post by _kaito_
Hi there, I've applied for Biomedical Science Bsc Hons, it says it is based in Medway Campus but when I click to go on to that page, it doesn't allow me to. Is the course based in a different campus? Please let me know.

This is where it shows the information: https://www.gre.ac.uk/undergraduate-courses/engsci/biomedical-science-bsc-hons

Hi @_kaito_

Thank you for letting us know, I have reported the broken link to our IT team. It should have taken you to this page all about our Medway Campus, where our Biomedical Science, BSc Hons course is taught.

Hope that helps :smile:

Tara
I need 120 UCAS points too, but for economics. I might see you :O if i don’t get 120 UCAS then I won’t see you ;(
Original post by MissCarter786
Greenwich is my insurance, but I may end up here if I attain BBB or 120 UCAS points. My course is Accounting and Finance :smile:
Original post by Serbian_2000
I need 120 UCAS points too, but for economics. I might see you :O if i don’t get 120 UCAS then I won’t see you ;(

Aww hahahahaha deffo . I don’t Think I’ll get into Gren :frown: so negative
They said they might accept you even if you don’t get 120 UCAS points, I’m hopeful they accept me with 112 or 104 😂😂😂. Lol 104 is a bit much but 112 they should accept me ;( If I don’t get in I will be so disappointed and give up all hope 😂😂😂
Aww hahahahaha deffo . I don’t Think I’ll get into Gren :frown: so negative
Original post by Serbian_2000
They said they might accept you even if you don’t get 120 UCAS points, I’m hopeful they accept me with 112 or 104 😂😂😂. Lol 104 is a bit much but 112 they should accept me ;( If I don’t get in I will be so disappointed and give up all hope 😂😂😂

My firm is at QMUL - AAA and Gren said 120 Points but I’m sure they will definitely lower it and consider it, but I’m struggling with my A levels and I think I will fail....
Same I think i’ve failed too but you never never know what turns out to happen on results day, you might have thought you done bad but actually got an A*** haha. What subjects do you do?
My firm is at QMUL - AAA and Gren said 120 Points but I’m sure they will definitely lower it and consider it, but I’m struggling with my A levels and I think I will fail....
I would really like to talk to people due to be on my course/ at the Medway campus but there are not any up to date groups online?
Wut course?
Original post by Kirstie2000
I would really like to talk to people due to be on my course/ at the Medway campus but there are not any up to date groups online?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending