Want more information about this university?

University of Greenwich 2019 Accommodation Thread

Watch
UniofGreenwich
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
If you are trying to work out which halls of residence are right for you this the place to get those queries answered!

Our accommodation booking system opens on the 10th March.

We are able to guarantee accommodation to new students, subject to the conditions that can be viewed here.

Feel free to post any questions you have about our halls of residence here. Our advisers and students that have lived in halls will be able to help and provide advice.

You can also find out more on our website:

Avery Hill Accommodation:
The Student Village

Greenwich Accommodation:
Cutty Sark
Daniel Defoe
Devonport House
McMillan Student Village

Medway Accommodation:
Medway Halls of Residence
Luna_2807
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I’m going to be studying at the greenwich campus and i don’t know which accommodation to choose, it’s between mcmillan and cutty sark, any ideas?
Last edited by Luna_2807; 1 year ago
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
(Original post by Luna_2807)
Hi! I’m going to be studying at the greenwich campus and i don’t know which accommodation to choose, it’s between mcmillan and cutty sark, any ideas?
Hi Luna_2807,

I'm currently studying my MSc Accounting & Finance, after completing a BSc in Economics.

During my first year I lived in Cutty Sark. My reasons for choosing it were its convenient location (5 minute walk to Greenwich campus) and relatively cheap rent. Cutty Sark is right next to the DLR station and it's very convenient to travel to and from central London. My friends, however, lived in McMillan and were really impressed by the security it offered and also how many shops were located around it. McMillan is a little bit further from the University (15-20 minute walk), but still at a good location.

Hope you enjoy Greenwich!
Nansi
sophie78966
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I have been told that the accommodation is not available to book until August?
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
(Original post by sophie78966)
I have been told that the accommodation is not available to book until August?
Hi sophie78966,

You can apply for your accommodation now, but formal offers will be sent out in August. You can view our full accommodation FAQs on our website, but if you have any other questions you can let me know

Thanks,
Tara
ImogenFlorence
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi just wanted to know which halls of residence are the nicest on the Avery Hill campus
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
(Original post by ImogenFlorence)
Hi just wanted to know which halls of residence are the nicest on the Avery Hill campus
Hi ImogenFlorence,

Avery Hill Student Village offers a range of room types and sizes and prices in seven Courts, as below:
Aragon, Boleyn and Seymour Courts
These courts offer approximately 550 single study bedrooms in flats with shared kitchen and bathroom facilities - mostly for four or five students, but with some containing six or seven rooms. Rooms in Aragon Court have most recently been refurbished.

Cleves, Howard, Parr and Tudor Courts
There are approximately 650 rooms in these courts. Each single study bedroom comes with en-suite shower/toilet facilities in flats with shared kitchens. The majority of flats are shared by six students, but Tudor Court flats are larger and offer space for nine in each.

If you prefer the privacy of your own bathroom facilities then our en suite rooms offer plenty of space for study and storage, starting from £162.61 per week.

Hope that helps
Tara
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
Do you know which en-suite room at the Avery hill campus is the best to apply for, for example which ensuite hall of residence tends to be the cleanest and quietest?
UniofGreenwich
Rep:
?
(Original post by Anonymous)
Do you know which en-suite room at the Avery hill campus is the best to apply for, for example which ensuite hall of residence tends to be the cleanest and quietest?
Hi @Anonymous,

A number of rooms in Aragon Court have recently refurbished and you can choose a room here if you wish when you make your selection (subject to availability) however these are not en-suite.
Cleves Court tends to be quieter as that's where many of our Resident Assistants (RAs) live.
You are responsible for keeping your bedroom, kitchen and toilet/shower rooms in a clean and tidy manner, however kitchens in all flats and shared toilet/shower rooms in are cleaned once a week by our team.
We recommend working together with your flatmates and perhaps making a cleaning rota to keep your place nice, and you can always speak to an RA or Accommodation Staff if you have any concerns.

Hope that helps
Tara
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (51)
16.72%
I'm not sure (8)
2.62%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (104)
34.1%
I have already dropped out (4)
1.31%
I'm not a current university student (138)
45.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed