Studying at home versus the library

Watch
ak58t
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hi all,

Since it’s the holidays I have been studying at home for my upcoming university exams. I often found myself getting distracted & going on my phone during my breaks or sometimes falling asleep.
Now I have changed my studying environment, and gone to the library - where I feel like I’m more focused.
The fact that I could have revised/ learnt everything really quickly/ efficiently without distractions at the library before hand is bothering me , especially because I wanted to try my hardest in these exams.
Do other people ever feel like this, or is this something bound to happen if you’ve been studying in one place for too long ? (Sometimes I dislike the library when it’s noisy and prefer home, and vice versa).

Thanks
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by ak58t)
Hi all,

Since it’s the holidays I have been studying at home for my upcoming university exams. I often found myself getting distracted & going on my phone during my breaks or sometimes falling asleep.
Now I have changed my studying environment, and gone to the library - where I feel like I’m more focused.
The fact that I could have revised/ learnt everything really quickly/ efficiently without distractions at the library before hand is bothering me , especially because I wanted to try my hardest in these exams.
Do other people ever feel like this, or is this something bound to happen if you’ve been studying in one place for too long ? (Sometimes I dislike the library when it’s noisy and prefer home, and vice versa).

Thanks
I literally cant atudy in my uni library as it doesnt have the equipment
Claire461
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I did all my studying at the uni library at night as it was open 24/7. They had laptops I could borrow. 24/7 McDs 2 minutes walk from uni so I could get a break. Ace.
PhoenixFortune
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
If the house is empty, I find it easy to concentrate. If everyone's at home however, it can be more difficult to stop my mind from wandering. At the university's library I find it relatively easy to study as everyone else is doing the same thing. However, at my home town's library (which is council-run and not an academic library), it purely depends on if young children are present. The study space is in the same room as the children's section (I don't know why either), so children cry and scream and run around constantly. I even had a small child keep coming up to me the other day and asking what I was doing about 5 times, before asking if he could have a go [on my laptop]. :dry:
Last edited by PhoenixFortune; 2 years ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
3.88%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (22)
17.05%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (23)
17.83%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (17)
13.18%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (38)
29.46%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (24)
18.6%

Watched Threads