user2309
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have an ABB offer from Edinburgh for economics and politics as well as an A*AA offer from KCL for international relations. I am currently contemplating whether I should take a gap year and reapply to UCL, LSE, KCL and Durham for law as I am no longer interested in studying IR in uni. I haven't done much research before applying to Edinburgh, so I am now convinced that I don't really want to go there due to low student satisfaction scores and the location (as an international student). What should I do?
user2309
Rep:
?
bump
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by user2309)
I have an ABB offer from Edinburgh for economics and politics as well as an A*AA offer from KCL for international relations. I am currently contemplating whether I should take a gap year and reapply to UCL, LSE, KCL and Durham for law as I am no longer interested in studying IR in uni. I haven't done much research before applying to Edinburgh, so I am now convinced that I don't really want to go there due to low student satisfaction scores and the location (as an international student). What should I do?
What are your other 3 choices?

Have you asked KCL to swap your course to law?
user2309
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
What are your other 3 choices?

Have you asked KCL to swap your course to law?
I am waiting to hear back from LSE and UCL but am sure that I don't want to continue studying IR... I have also contacted KCL about switching courses but they said that they couldn't. I actually have decent A-Level predictions and GCSE grades but am just unsure about letting go offers to pursue something that is uncertain. Do you think that it is crazy to let go KCL and Edinburgh for an uncertainty?
NowAndThen
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
LOL. Have you seen the satisfaction scores for London unis?
user2309
Rep:
?
(Original post by GandalfWhite)
LOL. Have you seen the satisfaction scores for London unis?
I know lol. I have my heart set on UCL cus I've visited it once and I felt like it was the place where I wanted to be... I have also read reviews/comments about the course I have an offer for in Edinburgh and it's really putting me off. I am so confused lol.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I am waiting to hear back from LSE and UCL but am sure that I don't want to continue studying IR... I have also contacted KCL about switching courses but they said that they couldn't. I actually have decent A-Level predictions and GCSE grades but am just unsure about letting go offers to pursue something that is uncertain. Do you think that it is crazy to let go KCL and Edinburgh for an uncertainty?
If UCL and LSE haven’t yet decided then ring them up today to ask to be swapped to law.

An offer for a course you don’t want to study isn’t worth hanging onto.

A gap year and reapplying is a good backup option.
user2309
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If UCL and LSE haven’t yet decided then ring them up today to ask to be swapped to law.

An offer for a course you don’t want to study isn’t worth hanging onto.

A gap year and reapplying is a good backup option.
Uni admissions won't look down on you for reapplying would they?
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Uni admissions won't look down on you for reapplying would they?
No. Universities don’t hold grudges!

And if you’ve tried to swap your course this year and then reapply for the new course next year then even if they do realise you’re reapplying it will be clear why you are reapplying.
The HCGhost
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Just wondering if you've done the LNAT? If not it may be difficult or near on impossible to switch to law courses, given it is a requirement for most universities that you sit the test.
user2309
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
No. Universities don’t hold grudges!And if you’ve tried to swap your course this year and then reapply for the new course next year then even if they do realise you’re reapplying it will be clear why you are reapplying.
Thanks for answering my questions! However, I am also worried about my chances of reapplying... Is it true that as long as I have good a-level results and a good personal statement, reapplying is almost the same as applying the first time around?
user2309
Rep:
?
(Original post by The HCGhost)
Just wondering if you've done the LNAT? If not it may be difficult or near on impossible to switch to law courses, given it is a requirement for most universities that you sit the test.
Nope I haven't. So I guess reapplying is the only way to go. Thanks.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Thanks for answering my questions! However, I am also worried about my chances of reapplying... Is it true that as long as I have good a-level results and a good personal statement, reapplying is almost the same as applying the first time around?
The same or better.
Doones
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Nope I haven't. So I guess reapplying is the only way to go. Thanks.
No. You can still sit LNAT (in a few days time):
https://lnat.ac.uk/registration/dates-and-deadlines/

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (23)
8.49%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (38)
14.02%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (46)
16.97%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (38)
14.02%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (79)
29.15%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
17.34%

Watched Threads