user2309
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
I have an ABB offer from Edinburgh for economics and politics as well as an A*AA offer from KCL for international relations. I am currently contemplating whether I should take a gap year and reapply to UCL, LSE, KCL and Durham for law as I am no longer interested in studying IR in uni. I haven't done much research before applying to Edinburgh, so I am now convinced that I don't really want to go there due to low student satisfaction scores and the location (as an international student). What should I do?
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
KCL is way too overhyped and expensive as it's in London.
I was going to say Edinburgh will be free but you are international, so you way the huge sum anyway.
LSE really doesn't like re-applicants, so they will dislike that, although you didnt directly apply to LSE so perhaps it will not be as big of a disadvantage. Or did you apply and got rejected? if you did get rejected then there's no point in reapplying.

LSE has really low student satisfaction as well, so that shouldnt be the deciding factor.
Last edited by SomMC1; 2 years ago
user2309
Rep:
?
(Original post by SomMC1)
KCL is way too overhyped and expensive as it's in London.
I was going to say Edinburgh will be free but you are international, so you way the huge sum anyway.
LSE really doesn't like re-applicants, so they will dislike that, although you didnt directly apply to LSE so perhaps it will not be as big of a disadvantage. Or did you apply and got rejected? if you did get rejected then there's no point in reapplying.

LSE has really low student satisfaction as well, so that shouldnt be the deciding factor.
I've actually applied this year but am regretting my subject choice and am pretty sure I would be rejected... would it be worth it to reapply in hopes of getting into Durham/UCL/Warwick for law with good A-level results and GCSEs?
SomMC1
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by user2309)
I've actually applied this year but am regretting my subject choice and am pretty sure I would be rejected... would it be worth it to reapply in hopes of getting into Durham/UCL/Warwick for law with good A-level results and GCSEs?
Just to clarify, you applied to LSE for IR this year already? and so far no rejection? What are your A level subjects?
Durham and Warwick are very good schools (got offers from both) and tbh if you have very high grades then you are pretty much guaranteed a place in both. I got warwick in 2 days and durham >10days of me applying.
if you really dont like IR or the combined degree at Edinburgh then you should reapply imo. Not worth wasting your life at a degree you dont enjoy.
user2309
Rep:
?
Just to clarify, you applied to LSE for IR this year already? and so far no rejection? What are your A level subjects?
Durham and Warwick are very good schools (got offers from both) and tbh if you have very high grades then you are pretty much guaranteed a place in both. I got warwick in 2 days and durham >10days of me applying.
if you really dont like IR or the combined degree at Edinburgh then you should reapply imo. Not worth wasting your life at a degree you dont enjoy.
I am currently predicted A*A*A in Economics, History and Maths respectively and have achieved an A* in EPQ. I have decent GCSE results as well... but am just anxious about letting go an offer from Edinburgh to reapply without knowing if I can get into law (a v. competitive program imo?)

What have you applied for?
user2309
Rep:
?
And yes, I have applied to LSE for IR this year and have yet to hear back from them, but I've decided not to study IR in uni.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (149)
60.82%
I don't have everything I need (96)
39.18%

Watched Threads