Is anyone able to mark a GCSE essay and grade it?

Watch
x_tanzim
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi I have some essays that I would like for someone to mark and grade as I don't trust my teachers marking, if that's possible.
Thank you.
stephsmhb
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what subject is it for
x_tanzim
Rep:
?
(Original post by stephsmhb)
what subject is it for
English Literature - AQA
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
what text?
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by x_tanzim)
Hi I have some essays that I would like for someone to mark and grade as I don't trust my teachers marking, if that's possible.
Thank you.
I'm not a teacher so you might not trust my marking. I am a grade 8 student though so if you send it to me I can try
x_tanzim
Rep:
?
(Original post by stephsmhb)
I'm not a teacher so you might not trust my marking. I am a grade 8 student though so if you send it to me I can try
Do you think you can help me with writing the essays?
Last year I was consistently achieving a grade 7-8 in all my literature exams however, since the beginning of yr 11, my grades have dropped to a grade 5. I don't know what I am doing wrong because I am doing exactly what I had done previously. I have even exaggerated the writers intentions in my writing so that it is clear to my teacher, as well as using the sentence "Alternatively this could suggest...etc" at the end of my paragraphs. Is it possible for you to write or type out some sentence starters for an essay, including the intro and conclusion. My teacher told us to follow PEACE or PEEL but they are quite ambiguous, they don't actually tell you how to answer the question.
Thank you!
Ecdysiastt
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you.
You don't trust your teacher's marking? Crikey. Try asking a different teacher
x_tanzim
Rep:
?
(Original post by reinaadira)
what text?
A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and the AQA love and relationships poetry anthology
eeeli
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I got a 9 and did inspector calls and macbeth, obvs im not an exam marker but if you still want someone to look at them I could read thru your essays for those texts, and give you my opinion. Don't think I can help much with A Christmas Carol or love and relationships though as I didn't study those. PM me your essays if you want
stephsmhb
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Last year I was consistently achieving a grade 7-8 in all my literature exams however, since the beginning of yr 11, my grades have dropped to a grade 5. I don't know what I am doing wrong because I am doing exactly what I had done previously. I have even exaggerated the writers intentions in my writing so that it is clear to my teacher, as well as using the sentence "Alternatively this could suggest...etc" at the end of my paragraphs. Is it possible for you to write or type out some sentence starters for an essay, including the intro and conclusion. My teacher told us to follow PEACE or PEEL but they are quite ambiguous, they don't actually tell you how to answer the question.
Thank you!

I would be happy to but I have just seen that we don't do the same texts.
I do Romeo and Juliet, Lord of the Flies, Jekyll and Hyde, Power and Conflict poetry anthology
x_tanzim
Rep:
?
(Original post by eeeli)
I got a 9 and did inspector calls and macbeth, obvs im not an exam marker but if you still want someone to look at them I could read thru your essays for those texts, and give you my opinion. Don't think I can help much with A Christmas Carol or love and relationships though as I didn't study those. PM me your essays if you want
Thank you!
Msbrownie.xo
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!
I could help too if you wanted, im working at a grade 8/9 and am known to do quite well in english
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Seriously, the best person to mark your essays will be an English teacher at your school - with the best will in the world, being a good student in Y11 does not necessarily give you the breadth of experience to comment and offer advice as they would - if you do not like your current teacher, ask one of the other teachers in the department if they would have a look at them.
reinaadira
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
A Christmas Carol, An Inspector Calls, Macbeth and the AQA love and relationships poetry anthology

I got two grade 9's in English, I don't think I'll be an amazing marker but I can look over your essay for AIC and Macbeth
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (326)
34.53%
No (618)
65.47%

Watched Threads