The Student Room Group

Emotional blackmail

I am 17 years old and I have a gf. My parents are against me from having a gf. They dont want to talk about it and they said that if I meet up with her or anything with her they are going to kick me out and disown me.
I love my gf so much and I wont let that happen.

idk what to do. I am lost and hurt
I need some advice
What religion do you mind me asking do your parents follow.
At the end of the day, you live in their house so you do what they say. No gf means no gf.
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
I am 17 years old and I have a gf. My parents are against me from having a gf. They dont want to talk about it and they said that if I meet up with her or anything with her they are going to kick me out and disown me.
I love my gf so much and I wont let that happen.

idk what to do. I am lost and hurt
I need some advice

More information needed here. Why don't your parents want you to date?
Reply 4
Original post by Oneiropólos
What religion do you mind me asking do your parents follow.

muslim but we dont practise.
Reply 5
Original post by yoink
At the end of the day, you live in their house so you do what they say. No gf means no gf.

thats not a solution doe
Reply 6
Original post by mgi
More information needed here. Why don't your parents want you to date?

they just dont. They are like education first and Yes I get that. I am a six form student in a grammar school and they dont see that I take education seriously.
My dad has very dense and old ideas about relationships. My gf is Bengali and yeah he doesn't like the idea of mixing.
I believe that if you love someone you love them.
Reply 7
Yes ok. But why not try to allay your Dad's fear by performing extremely well at grammar school? Realistically he will not be able to stop you meeting up with your gf or calling her etc but I think you could help yourself a lot by proving to him that you are doing well at A level and that you have at least a clear 3 year vision for your life and that you have a naturing outlook on life. Then as you get older he will relent as you mature into adulthood but remember to show him respect and you do not have to parade your gf in front of him yet!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending