The Student Room Group

Maintance Loan form difficulties

Hi!

I'm a EU student currently studying in England. I'm living in the UK for more than 5 months now and I'm working for more than 3 months.

I have a few difficulties with filling the form:
1. Which sections should I fill in my case?
2. Am I applying as a UK student?
3. I have supported myself financially, but not for more than 3 years (section 7), so where can I put my work evidence?
4. Should I choose 'parent based income loan' or can I just tick 'maximum available to you'?
Original post by ziomalll
Hi!

I'm a EU student currently studying in England. I'm living in the UK for more than 5 months now and I'm working for more than 3 months.

I have a few difficulties with filling the form:
1. Which sections should I fill in my case?
2. Am I applying as a UK student?
3. I have supported myself financially, but not for more than 3 years (section 7), so where can I put my work evidence?
4. Should I choose 'parent based income loan' or can I just tick 'maximum available to you'?

Hi,

Are you applying as an EU national or as a Migrant Worker?

Regards,
Nihad
Reply 2
As a migrant worker.
Original post by ziomalll
As a migrant worker.

Hello,

It sounds like you are completing a PN1 paper application form to apply as a Migrant Worker. That means you are applying as a UK home student in terms of the funding we provide.

We can treat you as a home student as long as you meet our eligibility criteria and continue to work throughout your studies and the work is not considered marginal (low hours or low income).

If the first year of your course started in September, then you have to have been living in the UK before 01/09/18.

That section about supporting yourself financially decides if we can treat you as an independent student. Since you have not supported yourself financially for 36 months before the start of your course we may need to use your parent(s) details if you want the higher income assessed Maintenance Loan.

If you are under 25 years of age, not married and have no children we have to use you parent(s) income to assess you for income assessed Maintenance Loan. There are certain exceptions to this and the form will identity if you qualify through the questions it asks.

In the loan request section we would advise ticking maximum available to you and also ask your parents to fill in the relevant sections if you’d like as much Maintenance Loan as possible. If they work outside the UK, they will need to provide clear photocopied evidence of their income.

You would need to send this form with Original ID (if you haven’t sent us this already) and clear photocopies of your evidence of employment.

- A copy of your contract of employment or employees letter this needs to confirm start date, contracted hours per week, hourly rate of pay, whether the contract is permanent, fixed term or temporary and must be signed by a member of the Human Resources Department or your Manager .
- Last 3 months payslips (if available).
- Your most recent P60 (if available).

Warm Regards, Dean.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending