Primary PGCE Interview at University of Leicester Watch

lloydw94
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hello,

I have an interview for a place on the primary PGCE course this Friday and wondered if anyone has any advice or experience relating to this?

The interview days is comprised of:

Written tasks in English and Mathematics - These are intended to indicate both subject knowledge and understanding of issues related to primary age learning. The English task will also assess the quality of your writing. The maths audit will be based on KS2 number work. You will be expected to complete this without a calculator.

Group Activity There will be a short role play activity followed by a round table discussion. Please come prepared to speak on all of the 5 topics below for the round table discussion.
Discuss the skills and knowledge from your academic studies that will have a particular relevance to your primary practice.

What role does ‘play’ have in creating an effective learning environment?

There is currently an emphasis on English and Mathematics in primary schools. What distinctive contribution can the wider curriculum make to the primary school experience?

How and why might a teacher promote a positive mental well- being?

Why might a school promote healthy eating and how might this be done?
On the selection day you will be given one of the above topics to lead on for 2 or 3 minutes. After each candidate has spoken about the topic they have been assigned, the group will discuss each topic that has been introduced.
Hk101
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi, can I ask how your interview went? Hope you secured a place!
I have an interview soon and I was wondering if the English task was difficult?
Also, in regards to the question 'How and why might a teacher promote a positive mental well- being?' how did you go about answering that?
Any other help in regards to the interview questions asked etc would be great!
(Original post by lloydw94)
Hello,

I have an interview for a place on the primary PGCE course this Friday and wondered if anyone has any advice or experience relating to this?

The interview days is comprised of:

Written tasks in English and Mathematics - These are intended to indicate both subject knowledge and understanding of issues related to primary age learning. The English task will also assess the quality of your writing. The maths audit will be based on KS2 number work. You will be expected to complete this without a calculator.

Group Activity There will be a short role play activity followed by a round table discussion. Please come prepared to speak on all of the 5 topics below for the round table discussion.
Discuss the skills and knowledge from your academic studies that will have a particular relevance to your primary practice.

What role does ‘play’ have in creating an effective learning environment?

There is currently an emphasis on English and Mathematics in primary schools. What distinctive contribution can the wider curriculum make to the primary school experience?

How and why might a teacher promote a positive mental well- being?

Why might a school promote healthy eating and how might this be done?
On the selection day you will be given one of the above topics to lead on for 2 or 3 minutes. After each candidate has spoken about the topic they have been assigned, the group will discuss each topic that has been introduced.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (93)
16.61%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (58)
10.36%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (99)
17.68%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (84)
15%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (56)
10%
How can I be the best version of myself? (170)
30.36%

Watched Threads