Getting into Medicine Abroad (Bulgaria) Watch

sb2000
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
i have a question which i need some advice and guidance on, i am currently in the process of retaking A-level Biology and Chemistry, as i am looking to apply to study Medicine abroad. i am aiming to achieve Grades A and B. i achieved the following grades in my GCSE exams:
Art-A*
Core Science-A
Double Science-A
Child Development-A
English Language-A
English Literature-A
Religious Education-A
Maths-B
taking these into consideration i want to know whether i am capable of coping with university life whilst undertaking a Medicine Degree with Grades A and B in A-level Bio and Chem?
username3444162
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Sorry I can’t help you here but I’m sure someone will be around soon , I was wondering if you could tell me what the A-Level requirements are as in subject requirements specifically in Bulgaria in some medical schools there, do the majority need chemistry or are some just requesting Bio?

Thanks in advance
sb2000
Rep:
?
requirements for bulgaria differ depending on the uni you choose to study at, but in general they look at your GCSE grades and are looking for good grades in Both Biology and Chemistry Alevel!(Original post by Oneiropólos)Sorry I can’t help you here but I’m sure someone will be around soon , I was wondering if you could tell me what the A-Level requirements are as in subject requirements specifically in Bulgaria in some medical schools there, do the majority need chemistry or are some just requesting Bio?

Thanks in advance
junior.doctor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
I can't speak for medicine degrees in Bulgaria specifically, but in general, and certainly in the UK, you DON'T need all As at A-level to be able to cope academically with a medical degree.

Due to the huge number of applicants for medical school, universities need to find a way of differentiating between applicants, and are therefore able to require high grades as they have enough applicants to do so.

Someone with As and Bs at A-level would be perfectly capable to do a medical degree academically. Remember of course that medicine is about more than just academia. (And also remember that if you go abroad, unless you're already fluent in Bulgarian, you'll also have a language to learn alongside your medical studies, so you'd need to factor that in).
sb2000
Rep:
?
Thank you so much that has really helped me and yes students are required to learn the language for the first 3 years i appreciate it, thank ypu again for taling time out to reply!! are you studying medicine at the moment by the way?
(Original post by junior.doctor)I can't speak for medicine degrees in Bulgaria specifically, but in general, and certainly in the UK, you DON'T need all As at A-level to be able to cope academically with a medical degree.

Due to the huge number of applicants for medical school, universities need to find a way of differentiating between applicants, and are therefore able to require high grades as they have enough applicants to do so.

Someone with As and Bs at A-level would be perfectly capable to do a medical degree academically. Remember of course that medicine is about more than just academia. (And also remember that if you go abroad, unless you're already fluent in Bulgarian, you'll also have a language to learn alongside your medical studies, so you'd need to factor that in).
junior.doctor
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by sb2000)
Thank you so much that has really helped me and yes students are required to learn the language for the first 3 years i appreciate it, thank ypu again for taling time out to reply!! are you studying medicine at the moment by the way?
Does my username not give it away slightly? I'm a doctor, been qualified for a number of years now.
Sabah123med
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by sb2000)
i have a question which i need some advice and guidance on, i am currently in the process of retaking A-level Biology and Chemistry, as i am looking to apply to study Medicine abroad. i am aiming to achieve Grades A and B. i achieved the following grades in my GCSE exams:
Art-A*
Core Science-A
Double Science-A
Child Development-A
English Language-A
English Literature-A
Religious Education-A
Maths-B
taking these into consideration i want to know whether i am capable of coping with university life whilst undertaking a Medicine Degree with Grades A and B in A-level Bio and Chem?
Hi sb2000, hope your doing well. I achieved grades ABB at A level and could not get a place in the UK. I looked into other universities abroad and came across Bulgaria and Romania too. I decided to study in Ukraine due to the less expenses and financial strain on my parents. I can honestly say I do not regret this decision at all. I’m currently in fourth year. I think you should also take into consideration the implementation on the ukmla, where a degree from the Eu will hold no value to that of any other international medical degree. The work load for medicine is a lot anywhere in the world; I believe if you work had anything is possible. If you have any questions let me know. I know colleagues who started studying in Europe and now have moved to non eu European countries as they realise there is no difference. To simply answer your question, your grades are decent you will pass if you put in enough time and energy. Letme know if you need any more advice. Helping fellow medical students is what we should be doing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Dundee
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Mon, 26 Aug '19
  • University of Aberdeen
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Tue, 27 Aug '19
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Sat, 31 Aug '19

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (213)
12.72%
Excited (151)
9.02%
Worried (303)
18.1%
Terrified (374)
22.34%
Meh (155)
9.26%
Confused (37)
2.21%