The Student Room Group

How to feel motivated studying

I only feel motivated sometimes and don't know how to feel motivated all the time.
Reply 1
Cleaning motivates! It doesnt sound like it, but making sure your bed is made and your desk is clean can change a lot.

Most of the time my phone keeps me from working, so as hard as it is, turn it off or place it in another room

Youre also more likely to work if youre put under a bit of stress. Either you can set your deadlines a little earlier, which pushes you to work a bit harder and allows you to review your work and not rush it last second, or/ and you can set timers for your work! For example serting 30 mins to read a certain number of pages, or 10 for an exercise.

If you want more tips i can help :smile:
Reply 2
Like above, being in a clean environment helps. Keep it well lit etc.

Study communities like this can help. I find the study group on the amino app motivates me a lot more though as sometimes this website can be a lil discouraging when you see nothing but A*A*A* students lol.

Try invest in some nice stationery? It's not at all necessary but one of the reason I feel unmotivated a of times is because my notes are messy. Nice stationery just makes me feel neater and makes me wanna study.

Quick Reply

Latest