The Student Room Group

Drop out second semester second year

I am considering dropping out of second semester in second year of university due to mental health problems.

If I do this - how much tuition fee would I have to pay back immediately?

Or is the tuition fee paid back once earning over 18,000 per year?

Will I have to immediately pay any maintenance loan back immediately as well?

I don't have a job at the moment so I am unsure on how this is financially possible.

If I don't register at the university for this semester does this mean I am no longer a student there?
Original post by iodo345
I am considering dropping out of second semester in second year of university due to mental health problems.

If I do this - how much tuition fee would I have to pay back immediately?

Or is the tuition fee paid back once earning over 18,000 per year?

Will I have to immediately pay any maintenance loan back immediately as well?

I don't have a job at the moment so I am unsure on how this is financially possible.

If I don't register at the university for this semester does this mean I am no longer a student there?

Hi,

You are not expected to pay back the Tuition Fee Loan payments immediately, these will get added to your overall balance to start repaying once you've entered repayments and started earning above the threshold at £18330 for Plan 1 or £25000 for Plan 2.

If you've been overpaid in terms of Maintenance Loan and/or grants, you will be asked to arrange a payment plan to repay these. The letter we will send you after processing your withdrawal will have all details on it. I recommend you speak to your university asap to sort this out to allow them to process this for you and give us notice.

Regards,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest