Caelan01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Does anyone have some personal statement examples? What are the best and worst you have seen or can envision?

Support Team Edit:

Just a reminder - do not post your UCAS statement online/share it with others until the end of your UCAS cycle e.g. end of Oct 2019 if you applied for 2019/2020 entry.
Last edited by Blue_Cow; 2 years ago
Sinnoh
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
There's a bank of personal statements on this site.
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wik...ment:Physics_1
That's the worst one I've seen so far.
I think the best one I've seen was from one of my friends applying for medicine. She got an interview at Cambridge
Last edited by Sinnoh; 2 years ago
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Caelan01)
Does anyone have some personal statement examples? What are the best and worst you have seen or can envision?
The worst are ones with multiple grammatical or spelling errors. Also those which are basically a list of things a person has done or a list of skills “I’m a good leader” I’m responsible I’m a team player. The best are well written, thoughtful, show what a person has learned from their experiences and how they relate to the degree they want to do and future career plans, and give examples of how they have showed the skills they are claiming.
username4412650
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
All I would say is demonstrate rather than state something. Instead of saying “I have a heart-felt passion for physics”, demonstrate your passion through your reading or show that you’ve actively researched the topic
ZombieTheWolf
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Yeah, there is a really good website that gives examples by degree choice and some recieve ratings.

Its called studential
Last edited by ZombieTheWolf; 2 years ago
Caelan01
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
(Original post by ZombieTheWolf)
Yeah, there is a really good website that gives examples by degree choice and some recieve ratings.

Its called studential
Thank you. It is helpful, ZombieTheWolf.

P.S. Nice profile image.
Simbasoul
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Do remember though that all Universities reserve the right to run PS's through plagiarism software - if your PS flags up too many times for copying, you will be rejected.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/uni...onal-statement
Lucia12
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I was told by admissions people to follow the fornat, when you list a skill that is useful to your profession then explain how you obtained/developed it. For example 'I developed my communication skills by mentoring young students in X subject for X years' . Then is you want to be better add some specifics to the activity in question. that prove how you would have developed the skill
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (64)
12.14%
Virtual campus tours/open days (126)
23.91%
Live streaming events (46)
8.73%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.87%
A uni comparison tool (122)
23.15%
An in-person event when available (117)
22.2%