Applying to a Master Course on the year of Undergrad Course Completion Watch

cyw1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Hi all, I am very confused now. How do people apply to Master course on the year of their graduation from an Undergraduate course?

Example:
I will graduate from a Bachelor this September 2019 (Officially), but academic term ends on Jun/July, so I assume I will only get my cert and transcripts after convocation which will be the End of July.
The Master course I am looking to apply for only opens from October 2018 till February 2019...

So without my cert/transcript available before February 2019's dateline, how do I get in without wasting the year away?

I am sure people got into a Master course on the very same year they graduate from the Bachelor's too... How did they do it without all the transcript etc ready before the dateline...?

Help please...
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cyw1994)
Hi all, I am very confused now. How do people apply to Master course on the year of their graduation from an Undergraduate course?

Example:
I will graduate from a Bachelor this September 2019 (Officially), but academic term ends on Jun/July, so I assume I will only get my cert and transcripts after convocation which will be the End of July.
The Master course I am looking to apply for only opens from October 2018 till February 2019...

So without my cert/transcript available before February 2019's dateline, how do I get in without wasting the year away?

I am sure people got into a Master course on the very same year they graduate from the Bachelor's too... How did they do it without all the transcript etc ready before the dateline...?

Help please...
It’s exactly the same as applying for an undergraduate degree. You apply. If the university thinks you’re suitable then they make you a conditional offer. If you meet the conditions of that offer then it’s made unconditional and your place is confirmed.
cyw1994
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
Thanks for the reply.

The problem is, I tried testing it out by going to one of a Uni and starting an application just to test things out. It states that I have to upload a transcript. I wasn’t allow to do any steps further without first uploading a transcript. So I am really not too sure how does this unconditional thing works for Postgrad here... Since it is not part of UCAS as well...

I’m just curious only. Since I don’t think a lot of fresh undergrad would want to lose a year if they prefer not to take a year out for work before doing their Masters.
Notoriety
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by cyw1994)
Thanks for the reply.

The problem is, I tried testing it out by going to one of a Uni and starting an application just to test things out. It states that I have to upload a transcript. I wasn’t allow to do any steps further without first uploading a transcript. So I am really not too sure how does this unconditional thing works for Postgrad here... Since it is not part of UCAS as well...

I’m just curious only. Since I don’t think a lot of fresh undergrad would want to lose a year if they prefer not to take a year out for work before doing their Masters.
You can apply in your final year.

Your transcript thus far will be sufficient. You'll be able to get it off your uni's self-service site.
JohanGRK
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
There's something called an 'intermediate' transcipt... you don't need to produce the final one. The application guidelines to the universities I applied to for postgrad made this clear.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of the Arts London
    MA Design: Ceramics, Furniture or Jewellery Open Day Postgraduate
    Fri, 25 Jan '19
  • Coventry University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19
  • Brunel University London
    Undergraduate Experience Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 26 Jan '19

Do you think the internet has made political discussion more aggressive?

Yes (33)
97.06%
No (1)
2.94%

Watched Threads